Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

just bouncing ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 12:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default just bouncing ideas

a recent trip to a local salvage yard got my gears spinning and I figured I'd bounce the idea off of you guys/gals.

What I found was an Teksid Aluminum 4.6L block (actually a complete DOHC engine in a MkVIII), which most know were forged and Italy and supposed to be rated to handle 900Hp. So, this got me thinking of a future replacement engine (and hopefully someone will either come out with TBs to work with our trucks or a conversion to allow a cable actuated one to work). The idea, an aluminum 5.0L stroker (all forged internals) with a Kenne Bell 2.1L intercooled blower running 9psi. It "should" be in the neighborhood of 500Hp, but easily manageable on the street. The ECM would be a custom tune done on a dyno, but a programmer (undetermined) would be used to monitor and to control shift points/line pressure on the trans.

Yep, I know, the tranny is gonna have a fit. Well, I started looking at Monster's SS MegaMonster 4R70W trans for a 4x4. Rated to handle 600Hp. So that's covered, tho not sure how the transfer case will hold up, but I'm not planning any big full throttle blasts in 4wd.

The recipient would be my 05 STX 4x4, which by then will have a leveling kit, 35/12.50s, 4.56 gears, and upgraded diffs. Thoughts, comments, complaints?

Quick Reply: just bouncing ideas