Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

IMRC stuck open or closed with custom tunes

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 11:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default IMRC stuck open or closed with custom tunes

Hey guys just got some custom tunes from PHP and when I tried to run them I hit engine fail safe mode every time, the code that the keeps throwing is saying that the IMRC is stuck, I have a brand new throttle body's and new electrics in that general area so I know the problem isn't there, I HW e narrowed it down to the tune and hitting fail safe mode rudest before 2000 rpms not sure if there is any fix besides having the tune rewritten, any knolage will help thanks, truck runs amazing on stock tune, it's a 5.4 with S&B CIA and an 80mm TB
Old 11-29-2012, 03:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Please help.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:16 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Got this off another forum. Hope it helps:

Your programmer may be turning off the IMRC for more power. If so the switch should be turned to disabled. This will give the 3v more grunt but lower low range HP. It will want the valves in the open position. You may need to go back to original Ford programming, read codes, document them and freeze frame info + I/M sensor test data and erase, reset puter, run truck for several duty cycles to run all its tests and then re instal programer package. The switch to disable IMRC is part of ECU programmer package and is a icon like device in the files of the programming. In laymans terms your making your F150 into a mustang. Look for the actuator or loose linkage.

Quick Reply: IMRC stuck open or closed with custom tunes