Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

I need a mechanic in Temecula CA to change spark plugs!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a mechanic in Temecula CA to change spark plugs!

Hey all I am Newbie here and just had major knee surgery... I called the dealer ford and they want $550.00 to change my plugs. I have read the forums and there is no way I am trying it my self. My local guy wants my truck for 2 days and said he really didn’t want to deal with it because how easy they break.

I am north of San Diego in Temecula CA does any one know a good mechanic in my area????

It is starting to miss at low RPM’s, has about 58K on it 2007 F-150

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:10 AM
06 F150 supercrew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They actually are not as bad as everyone says. If you get the extracting tool in case a few do break the tool pulls them right out. I took my time and broke 5 plugs and took me about 6 hours to do. If you have any mechanical ability at all you can get them done. Yours being lower mileage will probably be better. Mine had almost 100K when I changed them.

I followed the TSB by shooting some oil down the plug holes then turning the plugs out just a bit and working them back and forth. Get the extracting tool for them from Napa auto parts and go to town on it. The dealers are stupid for what they are getting in price. If I lived closer to you I would do them for ya.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:47 AM

I would try, as much as I really think it wont go well. But I just had knee surgery and cant around very well.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by ryguy
They actually are not as bad as everyone says. If you get the extracting tool in case a few do break the tool pulls them right out. I took my time and broke 5 plugs and took me about 6 hours to do. If you have any mechanical ability at all you can get them done. Yours being lower mileage will probably be better. Mine had almost 100K when I changed them.

I followed the TSB by shooting some oil down the plug holes then turning the plugs out just a bit and working them back and forth. Get the extracting tool for them from Napa auto parts and go to town on it. The dealers are stupid for what they are getting in price. If I lived closer to you I would do them for ya.
Yeah its not that bad. Its all about letting them soak. If they get tight when loosening them, dont crank down on them, thats how they break and what most people do. start tightening them back up again, and soak them again, they will come out without breaking.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:09 PM

any certin brand to soak them???
Old 02-28-2011, 08:29 AM
06 F150 supercrew

I used PB blaster on mine
Old 03-14-2011, 01:02 AM

I live in Murrieta and go to Brent at Advanced Automotive off of Diaz. He has changed mine twice now and costs around $2oo if I remember right
Old 03-15-2011, 02:03 PM

Thx I called Brent and we are looking at about $400.00 parts and labor if nothing breaks. Cheaper than ford for sure.

Quick Reply: I need a mechanic in Temecula CA to change spark plugs!