Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

i know this has to be a repeat...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 09:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Question i know this has to be a repeat...

hey...im looking to pick up a CAI for the my truck...i currently have an Edge programmer and just a super 44 muffler on the truck... with a k and n oem replacement...i found a pretty good deal on a k and n CAI but i think i recall hearing that it throws codes bc of the position of MAF sensor..anyone have any input for me? just so i know wether or not to go with the K and N one...btw it is the more expensive of the two CAI k and n sells...the black one...

thanks
mike
Old 11-16-2009, 10:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by F-1Fizzy
hey...im looking to pick up a CAI for the my truck...i currently have an Edge programmer and just a super 44 muffler on the truck... with a k and n oem replacement...i found a pretty good deal on a k and n CAI but i think i recall hearing that it throws codes bc of the position of MAF sensor..anyone have any input for me? just so i know wether or not to go with the K and N one...btw it is the more expensive of the two CAI k and n sells...the black one...

thanks
mike
false.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:31 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

False times 2.

Search on "K&N" and read through the dozen or so threads. Better yet, go to K&N's web site and read their FAQ (frequently asked questions). It will put all the stupid myths about oiling, MAF failures, etc, etc, to rest.

Here's their link:

http://www.knfilters.com/

Folks should stop listening to the bunk myths and research. Go straight to the source. Reading K&N's site will tell you they have never had a filter or kit cause any codes, nor cause any damage to the MAF sensor. Period.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 11-17-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

thanks alot guys i appreciate laying that BS to rest...and i wasnt really sure wether to believe it or not bc personally ive never had one single issue with any kandn product on all of my machines....and this was just one thing i read once or twice that put a thought in my head...lol..but thanks...already purchasing this CAI now
Old 11-21-2009, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

flase x3

havent had a code yet
Old 11-21-2009, 01:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

your truck will probably run lean unless you get some custom tunes.

Quick Reply: i know this has to be a repeat...