Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

How Critical is Center Bore if All Other Wheel Specs are Same?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Critical is Center Bore if All Other Wheel Specs are Same?

Newbie here, and first I will apologize for posting this if the question has already been answered. I did look at the first few pages of the sticky on Tire and Wheel fitment, but, no attitude intended – I'm not reading 100+ pages to see if maybe the answer is in there. I did try a search on this as well, but most of the results were related to after-market rims. My question is re. stock rims...

I have an 07 XLT with the 17" wheels, 6 bolt pattern. (Steel wheels with chromed-plastic covers.) I want to replace these with stock 17" aluminum wheels, and there is a style I like from more recent years. According to wheel-size.com, all the specs stay the same for the 17" wheels up until about 2015, except for the center bore. On a 2007, the center bore is 87.1. Starting late '08, it looks like they changed to 86.5. If all other specs are the same, is that difference in the center bore going to prevent a later year stock wheel from fitting? The newer wheels have a .6mm smaller bore. Will they not fit on my hubs?

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: How Critical is Center Bore if All Other Wheel Specs are Same?