Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Headlights always on.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 02:55 AM
Nut up or shut up

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Headlights always on.

Okay so I got these spyder headlights from a guy off craigslist(they worked fine for him). When I got them they came with HIDS with bad ballasts so I switched out with a full new kit and everything was brand new. But when I hookeed them up originally with his HIDS, I put all the wiring in the correct places but for some reason, the second I start the truck, no matter what setting the lights are on(auto, off, day, or full) the lowbeam HIDS are always on. It kind of bothers me because I cant turn them off during base access which youre supposed to turn the headlights off which can get me in trouble. So the thing is, how do I make it so the lights are only on when its on the setting I put it on, its killing my lights faster.

Also, the passenger side only wants to turn on maybe 70% of the time. Sometimes it doesnt turn on. But both are wired the same. I think maybe I have to purchase a new thing of spyders which I probably would of have done in the first place but does anyone know how to fix it until I get a new set a few months down the line?

,thanks in advance.

'04 FX4 SCREW.

Quick Reply: Headlights always on.