Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

headers for 5.4

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 11:41 PM
The Punisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers for 5.4

what are some good headers for an 05 with a 5.4? are they a pain in the *** or are they worth the time and money? keep in my mind i already have the infamous passenger side exhaust leak. So just headers? full exhaust? im workin off a bit of a budget so if i can keep my stock cats and my flowmaster super 44 with turndown on that would be great. just wanted to know whos done it where they ran into issues what my best options are and what not. thanks guys
Old 08-28-2011, 03:53 AM
Ian_T_S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There at least 10+ threads within the last the 2 weeks with the same subject as yours, i'd try the search option...

In the meantime, I was in the same situation...I put shorty's on and they still leaked! I spent just as much in minor repairs in gaskets and leaks as I spent to buy the damn things. I put them on myself and yes it's a PITA. I had a garage full of tools, a lift, welder, etc...it took two or two and a half days. I had them taken off, planed flat...still leaked = POS

So if you are going to do it, I would suggest LT's, you can keep your muffler but the cats and piping would change. Depending on your budget, you can pick up a set of shorty's (pacesetters) for about $400, long tubes are close to double. For s decent set of shorty's JBA, Gibson, etc. you're looking at $600+...

Hope that s

Quick Reply: headers for 5.4