Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Halo Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 03:54 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Halo Headlights

Can I get these headlights....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERSION2-04-...6b9260&vxp=mtr

And put an HID kit in them?

I'm confused on what comes with these headlights from ebay and if you are just supposed to put regular bulbs in them, or if it's possible to pud HID (which is what I want) in them?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:57 PM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Yes you can. I have them but my halos are cffl (brighter than led) took em off the truck cause that was he only think aftermarket. Will put them back on once I get my tails nightshaded and rims
The following users liked this post:
FL0rida CrAcK3r (12-11-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 08:21 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sndval1
Yes you can. I have them but my halos are cffl (brighter than led) took em off the truck cause that was he only think aftermarket. Will put them back on once I get my tails nightshaded and rims
Good deal. I've got my tails nightshaded and my rims are plasti-dipped. I also put my headlights in the oven and pulled them apart and painted the housing black, but I guess I got them too hot in the oven and it left a bunch of hairline cracks in the plastic.

I'm wanting to get HIDs for headlights, but I don't want them to blind the oncoming traffic, because it's dangerous and there are already enough dumbazzez behind the wheel these days.

So if I order these headlights, and get an HID kit, I will be able to point them to where they are not going to blind oncoming traffic right?
Old 12-11-2012, 03:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes you should. But the main problem with aftermarket headlights is the sealant they use doesn't really hold up well after that have been through some bumpy roads and a rainstorm. Also I have heard that sometimes the heat of the HID bulb can melt the housing. So just read some reviews and see if anyone else has used them before and you should be ok
Old 12-11-2012, 04:55 PM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Yes you can but to be safe go with 35w on the hid. I will be opening mines up again to get a good seal

Quick Reply: Halo Headlights