Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

gryphon with custom tune or SCT with custom tune?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default gryphon with custom tune or SCT with custom tune?

i need some guidance...
right now my friend is trying to sell me a SCT and the JLT intake for 400 bucks.
i cant decide if i should buy those or get a gryphon?
if i was to get the SCT i would get a custom TROYER tune emailed to me. same with the gryphon. i would pay the extra for the custom tunes.???

someone help??
i love reading info so if you have it, please share?

BTW, he bought it used also and said the previous owner had the edge programmer and sold it for the JLT because he said it was "better". what i been reading the gryphon is better but i couldnt back it up due to lack of information. i tried to explain it to him. would the troyer custom tune be better or the gryhon custom ?
Old 03-17-2010, 07:41 AM

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Answers in red. If you have additional questions, search for Edge, PHP, Gryphon, SCT, etc. There are hundreds of posts.

Originally Posted by 88rxn/a
i need some guidance...
right now my friend is trying to sell me a SCT and the JLT intake for 400 bucks.
i cant decide if i should buy those or get a gryphon? What model SCT? My personal choice would be a gryphon for the online display.
if i was to get the SCT i would get a custom TROYER tune emailed to me. same with the gryphon. i would pay the extra for the custom tunes.???
Yes, you would pay for the custom tunes. You can also get your SCT custom tuned by PHP.

someone help??
i love reading info so if you have it, please share?

BTW, he bought it used also and said the previous owner had the edge programmer and sold it for the JLT (do you mean SCT?) because he said it was "better". what i been reading the gryphon is better but i couldnt back it up due to lack of information. i tried to explain it to him. would the troyer custom tune be better or the gryhon custom ?

The Edge cannot be custom tuned and is FOR STOCK TRUCKS ONLY. Both the SCT and the Gryphon (which is a re-badged Edge) can be custom tuned for your performance mods.

Both Troyer and PHP tunes will be excellent.

Quick Reply: gryphon with custom tune or SCT with custom tune?