Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Gotts mod for 4.6

Old 05-27-2014, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gotts mod for 4.6

I have read up on this gotts mod and i have only seen it for the 54. and 03 and older trucks but says you are able to do it to newer trucks. I have an 05 4.6 and wasn't sure if it would be a good idea or not to do it. And also does it really work? Seems like it would but i dont know of anyone i know personally who has done. Also should i get the k&n air filter if i do this? Or should i spent the 300$$$ on a full CAI. So does anyone have an idea? or maybe some facts and some how to does.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dunno man, the other weekend I replace my spark plugs on my 5.4 and I ended up cleaning out my throttle body along with replacing my stock air filter with a K&N. I feel a lil difference, it feels like the truck is breathing better. Problem is that K&N's air filter needs a lot of attention in making sure that the filter is cleaned. They say every second oil change. Anyways hope this helps. Oh and if you are thinking of the CAI you won't be spending money on just the CAI u might need to get a chip as well.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:31 AM

Thank yoiu for the input. and yes i was thinking about the gyrphon or the sct but i dont know which one i should go with. i just would like to know if i could do this mod sand what were the specs of things i see how the length of the pvc changes with diff trucks.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:35 AM
Cant this thing go faster

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nik.maul
I have read up on this gotts mod and i have only seen it for the 54. and 03 and older trucks but says you are able to do it to newer trucks. I have an 05 4.6 and wasn't sure if it would be a good idea or not to do it. And also does it really work? Seems like it would but i dont know of anyone i know personally who has done. Also should i get the k&n air filter if i do this? Or should i spent the 300$$$ on a full CAI. So does anyone have an idea? or maybe some facts and some how to does.
The Gotts mod is basically the same as the 5.4 you replace the fender tube with some trimmed 3" PVC or ABS pipe and a 3" coupler. Theres nothing to it.
The following users liked this post:
nik.maul (05-28-2014)
Old 05-28-2014, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by technokami
The Gotts mod is basically the same as the 5.4 you replace the fender tube with some trimmed 3" PVC or ABS pipe and a 3" coupler. Theres nothing to it.
thank you and when i got to do it should i take the silencer out? amd does the gotts mod work for the 04 and up trucks i have read where it works for the older 5.4 i havnt heard much about the 4.6 and mine is a 05
Old 05-28-2014, 12:34 PM
Cant this thing go faster

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nik.maul
thank you and when i got to do it should i take the silencer out? amd does the gotts mod work for the 04 and up trucks i have read where it works for the older 5.4 i havnt heard much about the 4.6 and mine is a 05
It worked on my 06 4.6 so it should work for yours. I wouldn't bother with removing the silencer, its a pain and doesn't do much anyways. the 3" pipe is where the big gain comes from.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I did my '05 4.6 and also put in a K&N filter and have the EVO. The Gotts was fairly easy, it has been a few years ago but I think the 4.6 may be easier than the 5.4 and I think there is a how to link if you do some searching. The only thing I had to buy was the coupling, found some scrap PVC laying around and I did not bother with the silencer.
This gives some decent pictures to show what you need: http://www.f150online.com/forums/exh...take-pics.html

Last edited by stmar; 05-28-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by stmar
I did my '05 4.6 and also put in a K&N filter and have the EVO. The Gotts was fairly easy, it has been a few years ago but I think the 4.6 may be easier than the 5.4 and I think there is a how to link if you do some searching. The only thing I had to buy was the coupling, found some scrap PVC laying around and I did not bother with the silencer.
This gives some decent pictures to show what you need: http://www.f150online.com/forums/exh...take-pics.html

Thank you for the info man. Could you tell me the sizes and stuff you did for you 4.6? ihave read that that some call for longer tubes than other and other stuff. i will just do what you did and see how it works out. Also did you notice any mpg changes? And i was wondering if i should go with a k&n filter or airaid or maybe a volant filter. Im not really sure which is better and so forth. Also at the same time im looking at getting the new x4 by sct i like the way its not tooo much money and i will still have my gauges.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gotts mod for 4.6