Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

got my edge evo installed yesterday... vibration?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 01:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default got my edge evo installed yesterday... vibration?

Hey guys so i got an edge evo for my 08 screw 4x4 for christmas and got it installed yesterday. i know my battery is on its way out, so the truck wouldnt start after installing the level 2 tune... but as soon as i charged the battery it cranked right over... two questions though

i pulled up to a stop light mid trip and only once i got a vibration at idle that felt like i was out of gas... but i had a half a tank. it only happened once since the install, but any idea why (has never happened before, level 2 tune with no modifications) the truck did not shut off, but sputtered almost like it was about to. i also noticed the idle rpm was down a little?

and second question-- the transmission seems to shift much crisper though i have only really driven in pretty messy snow since the tune, it seems that the 1-2 shift has more firmness but is really noticeable when it shifts. downshifts seem much smoother, but that 1-2 shift i can feel... the tuner wont do damage to the tranny will it? again, it is unadjusted level 2 tune

thanks for the help
Old 12-28-2010, 01:34 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You may try and reset your EVO. Put it back to stock, unplug it and check for updates then reinstall.

Does your RPM reading fluctuate? If so how much of a variance say at idle and at highway speeds??
Old 12-28-2010, 01:43 PM

Received 1,390 Likes on 664 Posts

the firmer shifts wont damage youre transmission, in fact a firmer shift is better for your trans than a sloppy overly soft shift. the clutches slip less reducing heat and wear. not sure about the idle thing though, ive never experienced that with mine.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My evo made my truck shift VERY hard on levels 2 and 3. The hard shift is your clutches grabbing faster and not slowly going into gear like a stock setting, so to answer your question its not hurting it but maybe helping your tranny out. Trannies slip due to clutches not grabbing properly, which can come from hard use on a tranny without a stiff shift.

And how do you like that throttle response with the edge? I know the throttle response on my 150 was horrible before the edge, it helped mine out alot.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the throttle response is great, but i never really had any problem before... just seems like i am barley touching the pedal now... i never really drive it hard though mostly on the highway... havent had the idle vibration again, but the gas mileage reading seems to be low reading about `4 when before the edge i was getting about 15.5-16. i have the 5.4 and i dont think how i drive has changed much
Old 01-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Formerly "ZCHPRO"

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

you may need a new fuel filter and thats what's causing the stumble at idle. At least it sounds like the symptoms of a bad filter

Quick Reply: got my edge evo installed yesterday... vibration?