Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

front suspension question need some info

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front suspension question need some info

so i currently have a 6 inch suspension lift on my truck with block in the back and a huge spacer in the front on top of the coil. Not sure what kind of lift it was equipt when i bought it at 30,000 miles. My question is how can i lift the front end 2 more inches to fit 37's. Also is there any type of lift or something that will raise the lower crossmember to get more ground clearance. I dont mean to sound like a retard I just dont know much about these complex ifs lifts.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:34 AM

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

You likely have a Fabtech or Procomp stage 1 lift (post a pic and we can tell you). Switching to an 8" Rize kit would give you a little more front crossmember clearance, but you'll still be limited by the height of the rear diff (and the Rize kit is $$). The only way to reasonably add clearance to the whole truck is larger tires. If you want to fit 37's without rubbing then you can keep your existing suspension lift and just add a 2-3" body lift.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:54 PM

yeah i thought about the body lift. other members on here have been telling me that i can put bilstiens on it or add a leveling spacer. dont think i want the leveling spacer route though cause i've heard its really bad for ball joints and ride quality. How do the bilsteins actually work im kinda confused.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:50 PM

I don't have personal experience with the level kits or the Bilstiens. The level kit does increase the front driveline angles and I believe the Bilstiens essentially have the same effect by using a shock tuned to sit higher within it's travel (which I would image reduces the amount of negative/droop travel available). Either of these are only going to compound the driveline stress you're already adding with the 37s.

I'd either switch to the Rize kit, or add the body lift. The latter being the more cost effective in your situation. Mine was from PA - remember to get the gap guards as well.

I've also heard that the 6" Procomp Stage 2 kit actually sits a bit higher than the Stage 1, and they do make a Stage 1 > 2 conversion kit, but you'd have to do some research to see if it's enough of a difference to fit 37s.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:59 PM

yeah i think i might just go with the body lift i kinda of was looking to get a slight bulldog look but id rather not end up messing up my whole front end for that.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:18 AM

You should be able to get the bulldog look by switching out to a shorter rear lift block. You probably have the 2" factory block plus a 2.5" spacer block from the lift kit on there now.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:24 AM

yeah thats what i have now i just dont want to lose any hieght in the back though. thats why i wanna get the front higher but i might just do a 3 inch body. what set up do you have on your truck thump.

Trending Topics

Old 08-11-2010, 02:34 AM

Mine is a 6" Procomp Stage 1 plus a 3" body. I switched out the stacked rear block setup with 5" Fabtech blocks.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:41 PM

yeah i found that out right after i typed it. u listed it all on your profile. I did snap some pics of the suspension if you wanna help me out in discovering what kind it is.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:44 PM

Just checked out your album. Definitely looks like a Procomp Stage 1 to me. Probably ES3000 rear shocks.

I'd also recommend the Fabtech dual steering stabilizer kit. Makes those 37's nice and tame.

Quick Reply: front suspension question need some info