Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

F150 Rear Offroad Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 12:25 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default F150 Rear Offroad Bumper

I have been looking for somthing to replace my chrome rear bumper, I didnt find much besides an ugly Ranch Hand bumper and this Addictive Desert Design bumper.

They are local and do great work, but they are wayyyyyy over priced at $1300 for a couple bent tubes and some thin metal plates with fancy stars and ADD logos and its a 8-10week wait.

Other than that they look cool.
I have a tube bender that is available for me to use, so i am thinking about making it myself. My dad has been a welder for 20 years so that wont be a problem. I could also make it a little beefyer than what they offer..

I am still debating weather i want to tackle the project this summer or make it just buy it. Let me know what u guys think about the bumper!!

Old 05-05-2012, 01:28 AM

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Well, I will post my bumper, but since it may be out of your price range I don't know if you will like it. However, it's not just some tiny tubes, and fancy stars. Trust me, this bumper means business.

Iron Bull basic rear bumper, only rear bumper they carry for 04-08 F-150 truck models. Comes already lined with a nice bed liner material, looks nicer than any other bed liner material I've seen. Also comes stock with housing for two 4" off-road lights, rear sensor mounts (if needed, but you have to ask), two rear mounts for D-shackles, all for a low price of around $1,300, depending on what deals are going on at Iron Bull. Trust me though, these things are built, and they fit nicely around your rear quarter panels, almost as they are protecting the sides of your truck too. The only problem you may have is that every bumper fits a little different. My bumper may not line up like yours, and so on.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:36 AM

That looks good and worth $1300. But dont like the fact that it may not line up perfectly..

And i dont mined spending 1300+ on a bumper but it has to be well made and worth the work.

Last edited by lbajo1; 05-05-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:34 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Man oh man i want a tire gate so bad.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by lbajo1
That looks good and worth $1300. But dont like the fact that it may not line up perfectly..

And i dont mined spending 1300+ on a bumper but it has to be well made and worth the work.
No, what I meant was that there is a chance that the bumper may line up slighty different than compared to another truck. Example, if you took ten trucks all with Iron Bull bumpers then there will probably be at least one that looks a bit different than the rest, if that makes sense. An example that goes along with that is that there may be one truck that has a smaller space/gap between the tailgate and the bumper. If you look at my gap it seems to be of a decent size, but I've seen another truck that has a slightly closer gap to the tailgate. I not saying that each bumper is different, and it will not line up correctly, only that there could be a chance. Almost like the weather forecast predict a chance of rain, and then it turns out to be sunny the whole day, or at least that's my state's weather.

PS: I'll try and post pictures of some rear bumpers by each other.

Last edited by Nice Sweater; 05-05-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IRISH, the bumper looks great, but you've gotta stop putting a tab of acid in the tank when you fill up your truck. That's quite the vinyl trip.

lbajo1, if you are going to make a bumper, let me know. I'd like to do something like that, too.

Last edited by shawnr5; 05-05-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by shawnr5
IRISH, the bumper looks great, but you've gotta stop putting a tab of acid in the tank when you fill up your truck. That's quite the vinyl trip.
Thanks, but I'm confused on the acid part...
Old 05-05-2012, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by shawnr5

lbajo1, if you are going to make a bumper, let me know. I'd like to do something like that, too.
Will do Shawn! If i do end up making it ill take it to your house so you can check it out.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thatIRISHtruck
Thanks, but I'm confused on the acid part...
I think he meant you must be on drugs to do that to your truck or on drugs to even be seen in public driving it.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by shadowrider
I think he meant you must be on drugs to do that to your truck or on drugs to even be seen in public driving it.
Lol i know everyone compliments the whole Irish thing you got going on. But its wayy over the top for my taste. But to each his own

Quick Reply: F150 Rear Offroad Bumper