Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

exhaust programmer compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust programmer compatibility

i also want to put an aftermarket exhaust on my truck and possible some other goodies down the road. the only programmer that has said that they are compatible to different performance upgrades is superchip which i don't want to go with. I've been trying to do as much research as i can and i thanks you all for your help so far but i don't want to buy a programmer and find out later on that it won't work if i decide to put a cold air intake on. 1 Will the sct xcal 3 work still with different aftermarket parts? 2 I want to put a set of flowmaster 50s and run true duals on my truck but try to keep the sound not to loud but get a nice tone out of it. What do i need to do to get true duals? I will be putting on magnaflo hiflo cats but i've been reading that some trucks have four cats and some have 2 cats on them. I have a 2006 fx4 with the 5.4 in it. Before i make all these mods i want to know forsure that i won't run into problems with my engine light coming on with oxygen sensors making my truck blow black smoke or having transmission problems with these mods. Can someone please tell me if i'm on the right track with going with the magnaflow hi cats and if my sensors will just screw into them and will the xcal 3 programmer work with this set up. I also will be putting an airaid throttle body spacer in it as well. Sorry for such a long thread (:
Old 11-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

These tuners are designed to deal with more than most of us have or will ever on our trucks. Your exhaust will be no issue, it is all in the tune that will be written for "your" truck.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:35 PM
fitz888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

vmp tuning can set it up anyway u want

Quick Reply: exhaust programmer compatibility