Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Exhaust manifold leak again! 3rd set of headers shot!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust manifold leak again! 3rd set of headers shot!

I just found another exhaust manifold leak on my 2007 F1 50 4 x 4 XLT. This is the second set of JBA Shorty headers that have cracked along with my stock exhaust manifolds. How many times do I have to do this before it works properly? I even installed flex pipe last time as well. Should I go back to stock exhaust manifolds? Or try full length headers? Or what?
Old 01-04-2016, 01:07 AM

Received 534 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by just1nott
I just found another exhaust manifold leak on my 2007 F1 50 4 x 4 XLT. This is the second set of JBA Shorty headers that have cracked along with my stock exhaust manifolds. How many times do I have to do this before it works properly? I even installed flex pipe last time as well. Should I go back to stock exhaust manifolds? Or try full length headers? Or what?
That sucks, I just put those jba headers in.. Where did they crack?
Old 01-04-2016, 01:18 AM

The first set each cracked where the 4 pipes converged as well as inside.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:24 AM

Received 534 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by just1nott
The first set each cracked where the 4 pipes converged as well as inside.
Does it look like a stress fracture or did it look like the weld broke?
Old 10-06-2017, 07:47 AM

Default Me too

I have a 2005 F150 lariat 4 wheel drive 5.4 I received my 1st set of JBA headers titanium coating . Within the 1st 3 weeks the right side header cracked up close next to the head . JBA warranty that. I paid another installation cost and within a month's time both headers are cracked again . And yes flex pipes were installed JBA is Sending out another set am I going to continue to have this problem it is costing me a small fortune in installation cost .
Old 03-08-2018, 10:38 AM

Gibson headers developed several cracks!
I purchased these headers about 3 years ago and 28000 miles later for my 2005 F150 5.4 3v. Both of these headers developed several cracks at the welds. I called for a warranty claim since they have a limited lifetime warranty. Mike at the company, stated that these headers were cheap and inferior for my truck. He stated that the only thing that he could do was to upgrade me to the stainless headers and charge me the cost of the new headers. I understand that I should be responsible for some of the cost of the upgrade. I tried to negotiate, however, they didn't entertain any price. Price is the price I was told. Upper management said the same thing. In the meantime, my truck is at a local mechanics business up on the rack taking the place of what could be future customers for this business. I explained this to them and they didn't seem too concerned about that as they shipped my new headers only FedEx ground and charged me the shipping! I explained to Victoria again that my truck is tied up at the shop for two weeks, they didn't care. They stated that the new headers would be shipped out on Friday, then they said Monday. I received an email late Monday from the company stating that the headers would be now shipped out on Tuesday with an apology and no offer of express shipping! Never again! Ridiculous!

The stainless headers GP218S are thicker at the tubes and welds.

Quick Reply: Exhaust manifold leak again! 3rd set of headers shot!