Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Driver side floorboard soaked, after driving in rain

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 08:52 AM
BGF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver side floorboard soaked, after driving in rain

I have a 2007 F150 super crew. During this rainy fall season, I noticed that my driver side floorboard is getting soaked, when I've been driving in the rain. The carpet and padding in the very bottom of the floorboard are soaked but it does not extend on up out of the floorboard onto the firewall or center hump. The channel under the driver side kick panel was full of water, as well as the rubber plug in the recessed area of the floorboard.

I plan to cover the fiber tape that I've read about but it doesn't seem to be too deteriorated yet though. The only dampness in the back is along the kick panel of the back driver door, where waters is in the channel already, not coming down from the back window area, etc. I have not been running the A/C, because it has not been hot. So, is it does not appear to be my A/C. As I understand it that would have wet the passenger side, if it were backed up and leaking. What is in the floorboard is just water, not coolant. So, it is not my heater core.

After opening the driver side kick panel, removing the e-brake release cover, rolling the carpet back, and vacuuming out the excess water collected in all of those areas, I sprayed the front of the truck along the lower windshield, cowl, and door with a hose for an extended period and then looked inside for possible leaks and have not found any. What should be my next step in the process of running down my leak(s) from driving in the rain and getting a wet driver side floorboard?

Old 01-10-2019, 12:09 PM
Seņor Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Man, this sucks!

Did you check the rear seat driverside door channel as well? Is it just concentrated to just where you are showing in the picture?

Did you inspect that harness plug where it drops through the floor?
How about putting a towel down, then spraying up from under to see if it's coming through?

Good Luck! This would drive me insane. I would have already gutted the entire interior and sat in it while someone sprayed everywhere on the outside.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:34 PM
BGF

I checked the rear channel too. The only moisture there is just on the carpet touching the channel, where it appears to be soaking water up out of it, nothing appears to be feeding across the rear floorboard or down the back from the rear window or back pillar areas either.

Last edited by BGF; 01-10-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:29 PM

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Does you truck have a Moonroof???...sometimes on other vehicles these have been known to cause this if the drains are blocked...good luck with your Truck

Bill
Old 01-10-2019, 03:28 PM
BGF

Originally Posted by SilverSport
Does you truck have a Moonroof???...sometimes on other vehicles these have been known to cause this if the drains are blocked...good luck with your Truck

Bill
No, sir. There is no moonroof on my truck.

Quick Reply: Driver side floorboard soaked, after driving in rain