Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Door locks

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door locks

2007 F-150.

Doors lock when I start to drive but do not unlock when I stop and put the truck in Park I have to manually unlock the doors. Is this truck suppose to unlock automaticall?. If so any idea what could be wrong?
Old 10-19-2017, 05:49 PM

Received 691 Likes on 568 Posts

As far as I know they do not have the unlock when put into park feature. Someone else might say otherwise but my 07 King Ranch does not do it.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:11 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I believe it does not auto unlock when you shift to park.
BUT! You can disable the auto lock feature

From nhbillybill
The enable/disable mode allows the autolock feature to be turned off and on. On manual transmission vehicles, when replacing the remote anti-theft personality (RAP) module, the autolock feature must be turned off by using the enable/disable mode.
The enable/disable mode is entered when the following series of steps is performed:
1. Confirm that the perimeter alarm is disarmed.
2. Close all doors.
3. Confirm that the ignition switch is in the OFF position.
Note: Steps 4 through 8 must be performed within 30 seconds.
4. Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN.
5. Press the power door lock UNLOCK button three times.
6. Turn the ignition switch from RUN to OFF.
7. Press the power door lock UNLOCK button three times.
8. Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN.
9. Verify that the RAP module chirps the horn. This indicates that the RAP module is now in the enable/disable mode and ready to accept program changes.
10. Press the power door lock UNLOCK button one time to command the RAP module to toggle the autolock/relock feature ON or OFF.
11. Press the power door lock LOCK button once to enter the command.
12. Verify that the vehicle horn chirps one time to signal the RAP module confirmation of the command. There should only be one chirp indicating that the autolock/relock feature has been disabled. If one chirp is heard, followed by a longer honk, the autolock/relock feature has just been enabled. Return to step 10.
13. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position to exit the enable/disable mode.
14. Verify that the RAP module chirps the horn once to indicate that a feature has been changed. The autolock and the appropriate alarm configuration are turned on at the factory on vehicles with automatic transmissions. Vehicles with manual transmissions have the autolock turned off at the factory. The RAP module returns to the prior setting any time battery power is interrupted.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:03 PM
05 5.4l 3v s.crew lariat

Received 627 Likes on 564 Posts

Default if you were in a bad part of town with your kids

would you want it to unlock all the doors when put in park? not me . Auto lock yes --unlock no .
Old 01-27-2018, 04:28 PM

Received 200 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by White.josh
2007 F-150.

Doors lock when I start to drive but do not unlock when I stop and put the truck in Park I have to manually unlock the doors. Is this truck suppose to unlock automaticall?. If so any idea what could be wrong?
Autolock

Autolock locks all the doors when:
  • All doors are closed.
  • The ignition is on.
  • You shift into any gear putting your vehicle in motion.
  • Your vehicle reaches a speed greater than 12 mph (20 km/h).

Autolock repeats when:
  • You open then close any door while the ignition is on and your vehicle speed is 9 mph (15 km/h) or lower.
  • Your vehicle reaches a speed greater than 12 mph (20 km/h).
Autounlock

Autounlock unlocks all the doors when:
  • The ignition is on, all the doors are closed, and your vehicle has been moving at a speed greater than 12 mph (20 km/h).
  • Your vehicle comes to a stop and you switch the ignition off or to the accessory position.
  • You open the driver door within 10 minutes of switching the ignition off or to accessory.

Note: The doors do not autounlock if you electronically lock your vehicle after you switch the ignition off and before you open the driver door.
Enabling or Disabling Autounlock

You can enable or disable the autounlock feature in the information display or an authorized dealer can do it for you. See General Information.