Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Defrost suicide windows?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Defrost suicide windows?

Hey Everyone,
I bought an '08 Scab 5.4, 6.5' bed Nov. 20. It's an XLT with almost the perfect selection of trim and options. I'm very happy with it. Just a few minor things I'd like to swap or change is upgrade to the 35gal from 27 gal tank (if possible), add some lighting to the engine bay when I lift the hood it's quite dark, and some add-ons like a programmer, possible exhaust and intake, etc.

Well, my most glaring issue is defrosting and keeping the rear seat passengers windows fog free. In spite of the limited space in the back bench, I do carry passengers often and their view is obscured. From what I was able to surmise there is absolutely no air on those windows. The only air I could find is approx. a 1"x4" duct under each front seat to the feet of the rear passengers.

Has anyone else experienced this issue on Scabs and have you come up with a solution? I have that heater/mixer issue where I have trouble regulating heat. (I am aware of a technical service bulletin about this that the deal should correct) I do however love the amount of heat this truck will produce... a plenty. I was thinking of some serious modification off the under seat ducts to get air directed at the rear windows.

I have the heated rear window which I absolutely love.

A proud and satisfied F150 owner,
Eski
Old 01-27-2009, 05:21 PM
2008 F150 XLT Supercab4X4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Had Same Problem

Once you have the blower door replaced and new door motor installed you will be able to take care of this problem. You will be able to run the defrost at a lower temp and maybe use the a\c with it to reduce interior moisture. I do this and it works great. I only have this problem when carrying passengers too.
I also had a low speed transmission shifting problem, was taken care of also with a TSB.
If your emergency brake does not seem to work perfectly, there might be a frozen adjuster in the rear. I had that fixxed free, as well.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to go off topic, but would you elaborate on the low-speed shifting TSB?

Thanks,

Chris
Old 01-28-2009, 01:01 PM
2008 F150 XLT Supercab4X4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Low Speed Tansmission Issues

Ford has a TSB on this, to Reprogram the transmission computer. It will be free under the 3-36 warranty.

Quick Reply: Defrost suicide windows?