Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Crankshaft Position Sensor swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 08:31 PM

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

Default Crankshaft Position Sensor swap

Tried doing a search but just thought I'd ask if anyone has actually done this .2004 FX4 , 4x4. My Haynes manual says to looosen the mounting bolts from the ac compressor and lower it to gain access to the sensor. Tried it a few hours ago and no way. Still looks too tight in there. Don't know how long the sensors bolt is because I stopped but the sensor stem seems way to long to clear the compressor. Is there a way to do this or am I missing something. I dont want to take anything else out of the way for now. Maybe it actually clears once your into it but by just looking and judging it does'nt look like it will. I can barely get a good grip on the electrical connector. Thanks. ps i didnt take the ac compressor bolts out completely but backed them out as far as I could
Old 09-19-2015, 12:23 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy J
Tried doing a search but just thought I'd ask if anyone has actually done this .2004 FX4 , 4x4. My Haynes manual says to looosen the mounting bolts from the ac compressor and lower it to gain access to the sensor. Tried it a few hours ago and no way. Still looks too tight in there. Don't know how long the sensors bolt is because I stopped but the sensor stem seems way to long to clear the compressor. Is there a way to do this or am I missing something. I dont want to take anything else out of the way for now. Maybe it actually clears once your into it but by just looking and judging it does'nt look like it will. I can barely get a good grip on the electrical connector. Thanks. ps i didnt take the ac compressor bolts out completely but backed them out as far as I could
2 ways of doing it ... unbolt the AC compressor from the block or remove the front timing cover from the engine.
The following users liked this post:
Tommy J (09-19-2015)

Quick Reply: Crankshaft Position Sensor swap