Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Complete Removal of Backseats

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete Removal of Backseats

I have a great dane and a weimeraner and I'm searching for a more comfortable solution for transporting the two of them. I rarely use my rear seats and I'm considering removing them completely. Has anyone seen this done or know how much extra space that would provide them? Or how difficult this might be?

Also, does anyone know of any after market covers that I could put in place of the rear seats?

Are there any other suggestions for a better solution?

Any help is greatly apprecaited.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:56 AM
Sh!tllbuffout

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Cant think of anything outside of puting em in the bed. What truck exactly? Cant you just fold the seats up? I figure youd need a sunroof for a great dane lol.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha, I have an '07 fx2 supercrew. I can fold the seats up, but then the seat brackets get in the way and dont really give them much space to sprawl out. and they really like to sprawl. I was just thinking I could remove the seats and their brackets and make the floor flat for them.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:40 AM

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by earthur999
I have a great dane and a weimeraner and I'm searching for a more comfortable solution for transporting the two of them. I rarely use my rear seats and I'm considering removing them completely. Has anyone seen this done or know how much extra space that would provide them? Or how difficult this might be?

Also, does anyone know of any after market covers that I could put in place of the rear seats?

Are there any other suggestions for a better solution?

Any help is greatly apprecaited.
Its funny, My german shepherd prefers my wifes acura to my FX4. I actually think theres more room. Getting to that release tab thing is kind of a pain. You have to come at it from a weird angle and big screwdriver. don't waste your money on an expensive cover. Walmart towels. the dane might not mind but the weimeraner might not be able to see out ha ha. By the way my brothers weimeraner lived to be 18, yep.