Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Code Reader for iPhone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 08:46 AM
Shazzam!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Code Reader for iPhone?

Do any of you use a bluetooth code reader with an iphone? Curious as to which works best for this community, I'm looking to get one just so I don't have to use the code reader at the office.

Thoughts or suggestions?
Old 10-04-2019, 07:16 AM

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

there isn't one that is near as loved by any Forum that I have been on...you'll want to do this...

https://www.f150forum.com/f4/using-t...stions-454456/

incidentally, I have used Car Scanner with a buddy's dongle in the OBD-II port and it gets you some very limited information and the ability to erase thrown codes but I plan to use Torque Pro as it seems "everyone" says it is the cat's pajamas...

Bill

Last edited by SilverSport; 10-04-2019 at 07:20 AM.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:39 AM

Received 291 Likes on 238 Posts

I was planning on buying a full Zurich scanner from HF for SRS/ABS resets and functionality, but figured I'd try the TP avenue first because it is significantly cheaper. Haven't mess around much with it yet, but used it briefly on my X3 to see fuel trims, which was convenient (I didn't have to drag my laptop and DCAN cable out to the car and fire up the dealer software). I paid $20 for a used, unlocked Android phone on eBay, $5 for the blue dongle on Amazon, and $5 for the app. I've heard mixed reviews on the blue dongles, but mine seems to be working ok, haven't tried the other one (I ordered 2, to keep one in each car that I would use it on the most).
Old 10-04-2019, 01:12 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I used the ELM for iPhone from Amazon with Dash Commander App. It works fine, but the problem is that when you use your iPhone, it takes your data connection to talk to the adapter by wifi and your iphone is effectively useless for anything else while connected to the truck. So if you are wanting to use it while driving, you won't have your normal phone service. If you have an old IOS device laying around, that would be the ideal solution.
The following users liked this post:
SilverSport (10-06-2019)

Quick Reply: Code Reader for iPhone?