Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Check engine light now...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine light now...

So I just replaced my alternator...and now the check engine light came on. So I ran to get the codes for it and up came a problem with my throttle body. It has do with the idling of my truck. So the guy at Kragen said I need a new throttle body. Where is a good place to buy throttle bodies?
Old 11-09-2011, 04:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tasca Parts or try Team Ford in Vegas.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by D Wall
So I just replaced my alternator...and now the check engine light came on. So I ran to get the codes for it and up came a problem with my throttle body. It has do with the idling of my truck. So the guy at Kragen said I need a new throttle body. Where is a good place to buy throttle bodies?
Before you shell out the big bucks for a throttle body, take the truck out for a ride....go about 30 minutes worth. Whenever you remove a battery, the PCM (Power train Control Module) has to "re-learn" the engines sensors. Your idle may be low, and the engine may sound like it wants to stall. The 30 minute drive should be long enough for this "re-learn".

This issue of dead battery and replacement/ now low idle and a code gets talked about at least once a month here!. Do a search on these types of problems before you go out and spend money. It may be wasted dollars on something you don't need.

Logic should tell you that if the truck ran fine prior to the failing battery change out, then there's no logical reason as to why the throttle body would have failed right after a battery change.

Then go to the guy at Kragon and inform he/she that you just saved a ton. Then again. he/she is in the business of selling you parts....

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 11-09-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok perfect that's what I was thinking. I wa sitting there scratching my head as to why would there be a dead battery and then a throttle body issue?? So I told it to my father in law and he said that it may be due because of a crappy battery. So I'm shooting to just replace the battery and then see where I stand in this mess. I had read in here about the whole changing battery thing and running it for at least like 25 miles or so I thought it was a normal for it to idle weird until you ride it that long. Thank you for the help. I hope that it works when I get the new battery tomorrow

Quick Reply: Check engine light now...