Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

CanBUS Interface - How To Wire?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 03:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CanBUS Interface - How To Wire?

I would like to install aftermarket front parking sensors in my 2005 F150. The sensors have an ECU module which wires into the truck's CanBUS which turns them ON when the truck is moving at below 6mph. Attached is a wiring diagram.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the F150 or know which wires the ECU module needs to tap into?
Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2014, 01:18 AM

Received 63 Likes on 60 Posts

You should be able to use the attached (ODB connector under dash) but note that if the device doesn't have the correct protocol (I can't remember what Ford uses off of the top of my head) it might not be any use. I'd imagine that they've programmed that though.

Also just really be careful... I'm sure you know but you can really fry the ECU with these lines if you short them or such. Also I'd be pretty trusting of that unit however again I'd imagine it'd be pretty good. Can-bus is Can-bus at the end of the day so it should be ok. Worst-case if it doesn't have the protocol, it likely just won't work (communicate).
Attached Thumbnails CanBUS Interface - How To Wire?-canbus.jpg  

Last edited by homer; 07-04-2014 at 01:30 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks homer. Where did you get that diagram from? Is there a manual floating around anywhere for our trucks (electrics and mechanics)?
Old 07-05-2014, 12:14 AM

Received 63 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by EViS
Thanks homer. Where did you get that diagram from? Is there a manual floating around anywhere for our trucks (electrics and mechanics)?
I've pulled it out of alldata pro but as soon as you mentioned can bus it triggered my IT memory hahahaha. Fortunately the ODB II interface is pretty standard. I mentioned shorting but as long as you're careful while making the connections or disconnect the battery if you don't cause a short it'll more likely either work or won't work. I'm not sure how much youve done with wiring but if not a lot can bus lo will be your can bus -

Again I think it should be fine. Hopefully the wiring won't be too tight but its your best spot.

Quick Reply: CanBUS Interface - How To Wire?