Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

cam phaser issue!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam phaser issue!!!

So I'm having a bit of an issue. Maybe you guys can help me, I have an 05 fx4 with 140k miles on it. And I drove around for over a year with the phaser rattle, I finally got the money together and bought $800 worth of parts and my uncle who is a master mechanic did the work for me. We did new phasers, timing chains, tensioners, tensioner arms, guides seals and gaskets, literally just about everything, as well as new spark plugs. The truck ran like a champ. I forgot how much power and how smooth it used to run, but it only lasted for a week. Now its back to rattling again, not as bad as before but its def there, and I did a fresh oil change, and I changed the vct denies last summer, anyone have any ideas what went wrong, Iove trucks to death but I'm about fed up with this one!!! Even worse is I have a leveling kit and exhaust system ready to put on but I don't know if I even want to keep it,
Old 06-07-2013, 11:02 PM

Received 532 Likes on 438 Posts

Did you install dorman phasers.. They have been known to be pretty hit or miss...mostly miss..
Old 06-07-2013, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard that the Dorman phasers were like that which is why I spent the extra money and got all ford oem parts, needless to say I'm pretty shocked

Quick Reply: cam phaser issue!!!