Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

A/c question = ac controls

Old 10-20-2009, 09:14 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default A/c question = ac controls

Ok guys, a co-worker has an 06 screw 4.6, and is having an AC problem. When a/c controls are set to blow defrost and main cabin vents its only blowing to the defroster and not the main vents in the cab. Any idea? I've pulled bezzel off and looked at rear of connections and all seems connected my next step is to get volt meter and test circuits but seems we're just blowing only a/c. I figure it has to be a control/switch issue , i've checked vents for opbstructions and that type of thing and no problems there....

let me know guys.

neil
Old 10-20-2009, 09:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is no position you can turn the **** for Defrost AND Dash vents. There never was...

Digital climate control, but same idea:
http://bba-reman.com/images/Ford_F15..._Control_4.jpg
Old 10-20-2009, 07:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

my apologies, i must have had a brain fart, all he's getting in any position is the defroster to blow, none of the other settings will blow at all...any ideas?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastford04150
my apologies, i must have had a brain fart, all he's getting in any position is the defroster to blow, none of the other settings will blow at all...any ideas?
Today I replaced the four o-rings in my ac heater electronic control. It was very easy to do. I read about it on this or another forum and gave it a shot. The o-rings you'll need are four 007 o rings. First you must pull out the vent panel to access the panel. Unbolt the four screws that hold the unit into place. On the backside are two black speed nuts that hold the vacuum lines in place. Remove those. Then pull off the five lines. Then unplug the wiring harnesses to remove unit. I removed the screw allen screws to open the unit. After removal of the black cover unplug the internal wiring harness which has a red connector. Place the down and remove all of the very small black screws. After then you'll be able to remove the electric plungers. Each plunger has a wiring harness on the outer end. Then you'll see the small metal tabs that hold them in place. Make sure you put it back together the same way it came apart. Pull the wire side end out. Once you pull it out you'll see the black o ring. I'm sure it's dry rotted and brittle. Remove the old o ring and replace with a 007 size o ring. I used petroleum jelly to reassemble the plunger. Once the plunger is back onto place fold the tabs back into place. Please repeat all of your steps for the remaining 3 plungers. Once you've done all four reassemble the controller. After that install control unit back into dash and give it a shot. After I did this my unit was working great and all ac and heat functions are back to normal. I hope this helps anyone out there. Ps the dealer wanted me to replace the blend first and then the controller. If I hadnt done my homework this repair would have cost me alot of well earned cash. This repair Cost me $1.50 for the o rings and two hours of my time.

Chuck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A/c question = ac controls