Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Body Control Module BCM question

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 12:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Body Control Module BCM question

I wanted to add keyless entry to my truck by adding the factory number pads built into the driver's door handle and purchased the part from Tasca. I intsalled it but the number pad had not been activated in my BCM.

So I recently swapped out my BCM with a replacement I purchased online. My original BCM part number was 4L3T-15604-AE. The new BCM is part number 5L3T-15604-BA. The keyless entry works fine but now my auto headlights stopped working. I read that auto headlights is controlled by the BCM and have read several posts of the relay on the module cutting out.
I have tried the instruction in the manual to turn on the auto headlight feature but it did nothing.

So I'm wondering if I got a bad module or is it possible the truck it came out of did not have auto headlights.

As a way of finding out, for those of you that have seem your BCM and have the same part number as the one I installed, do you have auto headlights as well?
Old 03-16-2015, 03:16 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Bump /\ because this deserves an answer.
The following users liked this post:
unome (03-16-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 06:40 AM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

This is the bcm/vsm off my truck. It came with the auto headlights Stock and I added the keypad and evey thing works.

Body Control Module BCM question-forumrunner_20150318_063711.jpg
The following users liked this post:
unome (03-18-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 10:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. I'll see if the seller has any others. Funny. I just checked out the auction and the photo showing the dash shows it did NOT have auto headlights. Kinda surprised Ford would have a BCM with different functionality under the same part number.
Wonder if the auto headlight feature can be activated.

Last edited by unome; 03-18-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help locating the same part number

I know this thread is a couple of months old-
My keyless entry keypad stopped working a few months back. I replaced the keypad with a new one and still had no luck. I was told by a friend who is a mechanic it was the module and I would have to see the dealer. (he said the new unit would have to be programed) I need the exact same part number- 5L3T-15604-BA. Looking online I can only find used and the last 2 letters are off, but according the the posting the numbers cross over. There is however the the warning "may need dealer programing". My questions are;

1) Are most units that cross over (in #) plug and play?
2) Does anyone have any advise or idea where I might track down the original number without going to the dealer?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-03-2022, 06:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rock Pile
I know this thread is a couple of months old-
My keyless entry keypad stopped working a few months back. I replaced the keypad with a new one and still had no luck. I was told by a friend who is a mechanic it was the module and I would have to see the dealer. (he said the new unit would have to be programed) I need the exact same part number- 5L3T-15604-BA. Looking online I can only find used and the last 2 letters are off, but according the the posting the numbers cross over. There is however the the warning "may need dealer programing". My questions are;

1) Are most units that cross over (in #) plug and play?
2) Does anyone have any advise or idea where I might track down the original number without going to the dealer?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hope you have this fixed by now but there are BCM repair shops online that will give you a quote and repair the parts then run a test to be sure all of it works, you should not need a reprogram afterwards, just disconnect battery then plug it in then plug up the battery and start the truck, if it don't start then you have triggered the Pats system and it takes a scan tool (for scan and ELM) to reset it, these get triggered ONLY if you leave the battery plugged in then sometimes the PATS will think your trying to hot wire it.

Good Day!

Quick Reply: Body Control Module BCM question