Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Bigger Throttle Body to replace stock??

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bigger Throttle Body to replace stock??

So I took my '04 f150 5.4 into the dealer on Friday and was told I need a new throttle body. Of course I didn't have them do it because they wanted $660 to replace and reset the PCM. I've had it off and cleaned it recently so it's an easy task. Anyway, so I was looking online at stock throttle bodys and was thinking of maybe getting an aftermarket one. My motor is all stock right now not even a custom exhaust yet. So does a bigger throttle body make any more power or affect mpg in any way? Is it work the extra $$ to get a bigger TB??
Old 12-30-2012, 12:21 PM

Received 231 Likes on 164 Posts

From what I understand a throttle body spacer will not give you increased power. It increases air flow, which if you have a stock truck, won't really net you any gains. There are a few threads about this already and a few people say they noticed a small response in throttle. I would just save the money and buy something else for your truck and that's just my 2 cents.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:23 PM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

It's not going to help you. However what is wrong with your current throttle body? Also most aftermarket throttle bodies don't come with throttle body motors. So, if yours is bad you have to spend even more, for possibly something that isn't going to help you without ALOT of supporting mods, or a supercharger.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by disturbed3003
From what I understand a throttle body spacer will not give you increased power. It increases air flow, which if you have a stock truck, won't really net you any gains. There are a few threads about this already and a few people say they noticed a small response in throttle. I would just save the money and buy something else for your truck and that's just my 2 cents.
I wasn't talking about a spacer at all, I'm talking about the throttle body itself. I understand the spacer doesn't really do anything. I'll probably go with a stock unit.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Former Powerstroker

Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts

If you motor is good go for it. If not see if you can buy the tb motor and a bigger tb.

You will notice a slight difference in power. I mean slight

Quick Reply: Bigger Throttle Body to replace stock??