Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Best level kit for a decent budget

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best level kit for a decent budget

I've been looking for one and I get different models that are " the best" anything from rough country, to ready lift and opinions from f150 drivers that have levels and opinions on what a dependable brand is. I've gotten prices from around the 500$ dollar area for the parts installation and what not. Is this reasonable. I just don't want to get one and have my front end **** the bed from shorting the parts and having to shell out more money for a cosmetic asscorey. I really need in put
Old 03-12-2018, 08:09 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Frzrbrnt
I've been looking for one and I get different models that are " the best" anything from rough country, to ready lift and opinions from f150 drivers that have levels and opinions on what a dependable brand is. I've gotten prices from around the 500$ dollar area for the parts installation and what not. Is this reasonable. I just don't want to get one and have my front end **** the bed from shorting the parts and having to shell out more money for a cosmetic asscorey. I really need in put
If you're not heavily concerned with performance any of the generic spacers will work fine, but the best bang for your buck If you want little extra performance out of them then either Bilstein 5100's or Rancho Quick-lifts are pretty good options. Just keep in mind if your stock struts are super worn out, you won't gain much going to 5100's as they use the stock spring over the new shock. If you stay within the 1-2" level range you're really not gonna throw anything super far out to where you're gonna dump the whole front end, but if you're already working on needing ball joints etc. then putting a level on will sign their death warrant.

As far as pricing goes, the labor for installing a spacer shouldn't exceed $150-200 at a good shop. Spacers are around $100 on amazon, so $500 is out there for spacers.

Last edited by USRanger379; 03-12-2018 at 08:11 PM. Reason: missed second part of question
Old 03-12-2018, 08:54 PM
OutterSpaceBenjamin

Default Bilstein 5100

Hello everyone i have a couple of questions about the Bilstein 5100 shocks for the front and rear Does anyone have any feedback for mild off-roading like dirt roads or gravel roads? also I know they usually come with a 1 or 2 inch lift for the front...is there anyway to get them at stock height? The reason for asking us I really don’t want any kind of lift as I don’t want to mess with the geometry of the suspension

Any info would be greatly appreciated
Old 03-12-2018, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ben Canales
Hello everyone i have a couple of questions about the Bilstein 5100 shocks for the front and rear Does anyone have any feedback for mild off-roading like dirt roads or gravel roads? also I know they usually come with a 1 or 2 inch lift for the front...is there anyway to get them at stock height? The reason for asking us I really don’t want any kind of lift as I don’t want to mess with the geometry of the suspension

Any info would be greatly appreciated
Bilstien 5100's are ride height adjustable, so you don't really have to run them with extra height at all. Though rest assured if you stay mild with a level, you're really not gonna wear stuff out that much faster at all. The geometry changes are relatively minor, and really the only big effect is if you have more up or down suspension travel. Just be smart about it, and you'll be alright either way you go.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:15 PM
OutterSpaceBenjamin

Default Thank you

Originally Posted by USRanger379
If you're not heavily concerned with performance any of the generic spacers will work fine, but the best bang for your buck If you want little extra performance out of them then either Bilstein 5100's or Rancho Quick-lifts are pretty good options. Just keep in mind if your stock struts are super worn out, you won't gain much going to 5100's as they use the stock spring over the new shock. If you stay within the 1-2" level range you're really not gonna throw anything super far out to where you're gonna dump the whole front end, but if you're already working on needing ball joints etc. then putting a level on will sign their death warrant.

As far as pricing goes, the labor for installing a spacer shouldn't exceed $150-200 at a good shop. Spacers are around $100 on amazon, so $500 is out there for spacers.
Originally Posted by USRanger379
Bilstien 5100's are ride height adjustable, so you don't really have to run them with extra height at all. Though rest assured if you stay mild with a level, you're really not gonna wear stuff out that much faster at all. The geometry changes are relatively minor, and really the only big effect is if you have more up or down suspension travel. Just be smart about it, and you'll be alright either way you go.
Thank you for the response USRanger379 I appreciate your feed back how are they for mild off-roading like dirt roads or even some gravel roads?
Old 03-12-2018, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ben Canales

Thank you for the response USRanger379 I appreciate your feed back how are they for mild off-roading like dirt roads or even some gravel roads?
ive personally never had 5100’s however my understanding of them is that’s unless you’re gonna be going crazy on the the trail, they’re probably more than enough.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was contemplating replacing my front struts with the Rancho Quick Lift Struts, Does anyone have experience with them specifically?
They're about twice the price of say Moog Struts, and was wondering if they're worth the extra money.
I do mainly highway driving, but off road on the beach in the summer and on farms in the winter. Nothing crazy.
I want to get this repaired soon.
Thanks in advance.

Trending Topics

Old 03-13-2018, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Joey Clams
I was contemplating replacing my front struts with the Rancho Quick Lift Struts, Does anyone have experience with them specifically?
They're about twice the price of say Moog Struts, and was wondering if they're worth the extra money.
I do mainly highway driving, but off road on the beach in the summer and on farms in the winter. Nothing crazy.
I want to get this repaired soon.
Thanks in advance.
Mine are going on Monday so I can hopefully give a well rounded review soon, but i've heard reviews from extreme awesome, to extreme stay away from on Rancho's. Ordered one set a few months ago, and the adjustments dials wouldn't budge, so I got a return issued on those, new set came in the mail today, so hopefully I don't run into that issue again.

Quick Reply: Best level kit for a decent budget