Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Anzo Projector Beam Headlights initial review

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 03:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Anzo Projector Beam Headlights initial review

For the record I've been using this site as a resource for a few years but I haven't contributed much. I am very active on other forums Like Grassroots Motorsports, Golfmk6, Rennlist, and Planet-9. I'm not a paid shill.

The headlights on my 2007 XL 4x4 were yellowing and had gotten to the point that I didn't feel like I could safely drive with the low beams on anymore. I tried polishing them but they were yellowing on the inside too. I also tried installing a set of Sylvania SilverStar Ultra bulbs but they were only marginally better. I thought about buying a set of new OEM headlights but I was never that impressed with them. I saw a post by Anzo a while back and liked what I saw but at $514 MSRP they were a bit more than I wanted to spend. I finally did some research and found them on eBay for around $360 shipped.

The install was a breeze. They fit just like the OEM units. I went ahead and installed a set of SilverStar Ultras in them so my comparison was apples to apples. Once they were adjusted properly they were much better than my old units. The top cut off is nice and sharp and the beam pattern is nice and wide. My only complaint is that I wish my truck had fog lights to fill in up close to the truck a bit better.

They look a lot more modern and the C shaped LED bar gives it a similar appearance to my wife's 2018 Explorer Platinum.

I'd give them two thumbs up.

Here's Anzo's webpage for these units:
FORD F150 04-08 PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS CHROME W/ C LIGHTS BAR

Last edited by ChrisAttebery; 07-14-2022 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-14-2022, 05:57 PM

Received 814 Likes on 718 Posts

I have some of these and I'm happy with them but there was one time after a lot of rain here last year that they seemed to get a tiny bit of fog inside them. I'm in Utah so rain is not very often I have not noticed it since then maybe I was imagining things.
*full disclosure they did send them to me free as tester units but I have no affiliation with them.

I don't drive my truck as a main vehicle so I haven't had a lot of use at night time but I walk past it every morning when I go past it to get I'm my car and only once did I notice that.
The cutoff is pretty good. I'm kind of split on whether I like the look or not I am kind of OEM guy for headlights but these aren't offensively modern or different.
My 2 cents...
Old 07-14-2022, 08:05 PM

Received 3,086 Likes on 1,697 Posts

Anzo sent me these to test for them back when I had my 2008. I will say the output with just the standard incandescent bulbs was a lot better then the leds I had in the oem housings. I liked them. However, I didn’t like the C bar light ring. Just didn’t fit with the older truck. I unplugged it so just the side marker came on and not that LED C ring.

I can’t comment on condensation. I sold the truck and onky
used them for about 6 months.

Quick Reply: Anzo Projector Beam Headlights initial review