Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

anyway to get rid of key chime??

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default anyway to get rid of key chime??

Was wondering if anyone knew how to disable the chime when the key is in the ignition and the door is open? Ford said cant do it cause of security feature, but thought they just didn't want to do it or tell me how to.

Thanks,
Rocket
Old 10-15-2008, 07:26 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Suggest the search button, another thread on here today about the same thing, don't think it was you being impatient.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

well i tried that, but can't seem to find the answer
Old 10-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rocketrn25
well i tried that, but can't seem to find the answer

I have seen the post for this on anther site......

"Sorry to tell you after you looked for hrs and hrs put, your not going to find a chime under the dash. Its made in the GEM module pritty much the brain box for all intieor controls, no GEM no 4x4, no GEM no radio, no GEM no instrment cluster you get the pic. Ford has had this sence 97. We've tried to disconect the chime many times with no luck, so if you find a way the do it w/o losing any other controls(int. lights etc.) please let me know."

Quote ^^ Summitman

Some options posted there...

"My dealer disconnected mine by disassembling the ignition and removing the switch contacts. They charged me for .3 hours. Works well!"

Quote ^^ *****

"im the elec. tech at a ford dealership. I take the gem module out, open it up and unsolder the chime speaker from the circuit board. i charge the cust 2 hours labor and make sure they know that it is final, but it works real good."

Quote ^^ kidtriton

Hope that helps...
Old 06-16-2015, 03:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where are you located?
Old 06-16-2015, 04:13 PM

Received 63 Likes on 60 Posts

If you want ONLY the chime when the key is in the ignition and the door is opened, open the steering column, snip the wire BK-PK on the 7-pin connector. It's the key sensor connector. I don't believe the PCM uses it for anything else other than maybe lighting up the cab when you remove the key but I could be wrong. It'd be worth a try anyways. I've tied into this for remote start + alarms to disable passive automatic locking if the key is found in the ignition. I don't think it messes up the PATS but it may.... You'd have to try it. I know with remote starting, I do NOT tie into keysense on the Ford's so I'd think it should be ok.

Last edited by homer; 06-16-2015 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:16 PM

Received 63 Likes on 60 Posts

This is from a 2005. Hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails anyway to get rid of key chime??-ign-switch.png  
Old 06-21-2015, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by homer
If you want ONLY the chime when the key is in the ignition and the door is opened, open the steering column, snip the wire BK-PK on the 7-pin connector. It's the key sensor connector. I don't believe the PCM uses it for anything else other than maybe lighting up the cab when you remove the key but I could be wrong. It'd be worth a try anyways. I've tied into this for remote start + alarms to disable passive automatic locking if the key is found in the ignition. I don't think it messes up the PATS but it may.... You'd have to try it. I know with remote starting, I do NOT tie into keysense on the Ford's so I'd think it should be ok.

Ive disconnected the No#5 slot and the wire colors are different NO NO but thanks
Old 06-21-2015, 05:24 PM
Blown Mafia

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts

I pulled the black/pink wire from the ignition harness and wrapped in tape. No more dinger. The speaker is in the cluster.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by scobar
I pulled the black/pink wire from the ignition harness and wrapped in tape. No more dinger. The speaker is in the cluster.

is that the small square harness that plugs in under the ignition key

Quick Reply: anyway to get rid of key chime??