Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

anyone use Dyna Beads for balancing ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 08:01 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Default anyone use Dyna Beads for balancing ???

Anyone try using dyna beads or something similar to balance out tires? I've heard of people using them on motorcycle tires with good luck, but wanted to hear experiences on here before trying.

I keep trying the search button but I get an error paige saying there is something wrong with this website. Anyone else having that?

Dave

Old 04-26-2013, 08:09 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Dyna beads started out as a semi truck tire balancing effort and was so successful it filtered down, and yes I use them in my motorcycle tires. No vibration at all.

Was going to try them in my last trucks tires but wound up trading it in for my xlt but it's safe to say they DO work.

Best demo to see how they work.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:30 AM

Interesting video, thanks for showing it. I really thought there would be more opinions thrown around on this thread.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After multiple attempts by two shops to get my last set of tires balanced, decided to give dynabeads a shot. Used 8ozs of the offroad beads in each tire (33 inch) last September and have been extremely happy with the results. No wobble at any speed. I guess the best thing I can say is that I actually forgot they were there until I read this thread.
The following users liked this post:
jetchaser (04-28-2013)
Old 04-28-2013, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Traildad
After multiple attempts by two shops to get my last set of tires balanced, decided to give dynabeads a shot. Used 8ozs of the offroad beads in each tire (33 inch) last September and have been extremely happy with the results. No wobble at any speed. I guess the best thing I can say is that I actually forgot they were there until I read this thread.
I might just have to try it after this post. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Former Powerstroker

Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts

I used it in 46" goodyear mtzs only used 8oz per tire and I had no vibration up to 85-95
The following users liked this post:
jetchaser (04-29-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 09:16 PM

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I was thinking about trying them in my sh!tbox car tires cause I dont want to pay $20 each to have new tires mounted and balanced
Old 04-29-2013, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by dereku
I used it in 46" goodyear mtzs only used 8oz per tire and I had no vibration up to 85-95
do you happen to remember how much you used and where is a good place to get them?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:17 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

I've seen them in a few tires I've worked on. I'm not sure I follow the science on them but I can't say for a fact they don't work.

To balance a tire you would want the beads to fall opposite the heaviest side of the tire. Due to centrifugal forces the heaviest side of the tire would fall out away from the center more than the rest of the tire. This would create a little divot if you will that the beads, again due to centrifugal forces, would get stuck in only compounding the problem because they are adding to the weight.

Also 8oz is a lot of weight by any tires standards. Mud Terrain or not. You can't predict how much weight your tires would need to balance and if you put to much and they did somehow fall magically opposite the heaviest side of the tire if you have more bead weight then necessary then your tire is still out of balance.

My final point against them is they will only static balance, not dynamic balance. Of course that's all you can do on a motorcycle but for other tires this isn't exactly a good thing.

Just my thoughts trying to rationalize them. I have no proof they don't work. But I have trouble believing they actually do.

Last edited by BassAckwards; 04-29-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:45 PM

Received 173 Likes on 116 Posts

anyone else using these? I got new falken rocky mountain ats (p265/70r17) from discount tire last saturday, went back this morning to get them balanced again but 2 were dead on balanced and the other 2 were barely out ... not enough to fix the horrible vibes i get from about 72 -82 mph (I-10 is 75 mph so no good to cruise long distances with the whole truck vibrating)

it's bad enough i feel it throughout the truck and even the side mirrors vibrate a little. i was going to try dynabeads, otherwise i guess i'll be going back to discount to see about some different tires. (years ago had some pirelli scorpions that were so misshapen from the factory they couldn't be balanced and had to give up)

Quick Reply: anyone use Dyna Beads for balancing ???