Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Anyone at all

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone at all

Across two forums and three threads, I've yet to receive any help here..

I'm look for some upgrades for my 2005 F150 Xlt. Just curios what your favorite price friendly cosmetic upgrades are. I really just want some inexpensive light bars, a good looking grille and some nice looking HALOs, or bulbs that have the "blue" ish tint. I've seen some cheap mesh grille and light combos on ebay for $300ish. If you know a cool front bumper replacement to give it a more rugged look without looking bulky, that is cheapish.. let me know also. I don't want to drop too much on this project, but I'll assess the options.

Also, I'm going to give my go at building my own front bumper. I've got a bud with some years under his belt in welding, and don't know where to start. I know it's not done often, but was wondering if you've got any threads or any front bumper diagrams with measurements? I plan to design it in solidworks and then cut it out of cardboard, and then test the fit. And then make it out of steel.

Here's the truck as of now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1X-36W-7-5-x3-5-12-LED-WORK-LIGHT-BAR-FLOOD-BEAM-4X4-OFFROAD-TRUCK-JEEP-4WD-/351097348659?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2005%7CMake%3AFord%7CModel%3AF-150&hash=item51bf086233&vxp=mtr

Old 09-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Chive So Hard

Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts

If you are looking at doing some cosmetic upgrades to the truck such as grilles or light bars, there really isnt much of an issue with going with something you find on Amazon or eBay. As far as halos are concerned, dont waste your money on spyders or anyting of that nature. If you really want halos and projectors, go down the way of a retrofitted headlight set. Headlight buld with the "blueish" tint of which you speak are going to be 5000k or higher HIDs. While I really do like HID lights, I have recently purchased an LED setup for mine and they are even brighter than the HIDs that I had before. I'm sure if you do some digging around this forum you will find a few guys who have built their own bumper. I know I have seen at least one thread some guy had done for his custom bumper setup. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with though and good luck.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by KCCOFox
If you are looking at doing some cosmetic upgrades to the truck such as grilles or light bars, there really isnt much of an issue with going with something you find on Amazon or eBay. As far as halos are concerned, dont waste your money on spyders or anyting of that nature. If you really want halos and projectors, go down the way of a retrofitted headlight set. Headlight buld with the "blueish" tint of which you speak are going to be 5000k or higher HIDs. While I really do like HID lights, I have recently purchased an LED setup for mine and they are even brighter than the HIDs that I had before. I'm sure if you do some digging around this forum you will find a few guys who have built their own bumper. I know I have seen at least one thread some guy had done for his custom bumper setup. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with though and good luck.
I really do appreciate the response here. I've found a combo like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-HALO-LED-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHTS-FRONT-MESH-GRILL-GRILLE-ABS-2004-2008-F150-/131270057997?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2005%7CMake%3AFord%7CModel%3AF-150&hash=item1e904e200d&vxp=mtr
I'll dig around for some threads also!
Old 09-08-2014, 11:02 PM

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Don't do HID's unless you do them right. Search the forum on lighting, theres a ton of threads. I went with bulb upgrades in both head and fogs based on info on the forum and i'm very happy with them. quite a difference when one side has been replaced and you see them side by side.
Also, if your looking for aesthetic upgrades, consider white plasti dipping your front bumper, i think that would look very nice.

I don't have any input on LED's
Old 09-08-2014, 11:08 PM

Received 78 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by brnr17
Don't do HID's unless you do them right. Search the forum on lighting, theres a ton of threads. I went with bulb upgrades in both head and fogs based on info on the forum and i'm very happy with them. quite a difference when one side has been replaced and you see them side by side.
Also, if your looking for aesthetic upgrades, consider white plasti dipping your front bumper, i think that would look very nice.

Which bulbs do you have?
Old 09-09-2014, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by brnr17

How about blacking out the tags, white plasti dipping both bumpers? Should I sell the bull par or keep it..?

How about the lights and grill? With the money saved on a bumper I could go for a pretty nice grill? As for the lights, have you got any links to some you'd recommend?
Old 09-14-2014, 04:47 PM

Just dipped the front bumper!
Old 09-14-2014, 10:53 PM

Just dipped my bumpers about two months ago. I put it on thick. One can per bumper and recently my front bumpers got these bubbled under the plastidip that I poked and they popped and water came out. So I just resprayed those spots and you'd never know the difference. Let me know if you have anything similar happen to you.