Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Altezza light smoked tail lights w/LED

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 06:34 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Default Altezza light smoked tail lights w/LED

Bought a set of these a week ago and installed last night. I figured I'd report here in case it comes up in a search, or if others are considering a purchase of LED taillights.

The taillights do not interfere with the factory cruise control; cruise works with these taillights; no load resisters required.

Fit and finish are very good quality, installation is easy. Remove the brake/turnsignal/parking light bulb and plug in the taillight assembly's wired plug end. Badda bing badda boom.

Smooth factory style lenses, no buldges. They look like the factory taillights. My only concern is that these assemblies are "directional"; if you are behind the truck, the LED lights are bright. Step to the left or right corners of the truck, and the taillights are difficult to see. Same with the turn signals. There are side lamp LED's in these assemblies, so that is not an issue (law requires side lamp markers visable at the side of a vehicle).

Conventional light bulbs can easily be seen when lit from behind as well as the sides of the truck. I havent' decided if they will stay on the truck for this reason. While they look great, my concern is function first, looks/cool factor second.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 07-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Originally Posted by djjr50
Hope this floats your boat. My purpose for posting was not for the item's looks, but rather for it's operation. To make the post useful for you though, here's the pic:
Attached Images  
Old 07-28-2010, 10:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess that will do. The thread wasnt 'useless', but it gave me a decent reason to post a funny pic.

I am debating on replacing the bulbs with LED's or replacing the entire rear taillight like you did. I dont want it to look super Euro, and the directional light also concerns me. But the fact that it is plug-n-play does appeal to me. Hooking up resistors introduces room for error. I love my cruise control!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Big Dicks Sporting Goods

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Originally Posted by Bucko
Bought a set of these a week ago and installed last night. I figured I'd report here in case it comes up in a search, or if others are considering a purchase of LED taillights.

The taillights do not interfere with the factory cruise control; cruise works with these taillights; no load resisters required.

Fit and finish are very good quality, installation is easy. Remove the brake/turnsignal/parking light bulb and plug in the taillight assembly's wired plug end. Badda bing badda boom.

Smooth factory style lenses, no buldges. They look like the factory taillights. My only concern is that these assemblies are "directional"; if you are behind the truck, the LED lights are bright. Step to the left or right corners of the truck, and the taillights are difficult to see. Same with the turn signals. There are side lamp LED's in these assemblies, so that is not an issue (law requires side lamp markers visable at the side of a vehicle).

Conventional light bulbs can easily be seen when lit from behind as well as the sides of the truck. I havent' decided if they will stay on the truck for this reason. While they look great, my concern is function first, looks/cool factor second.
On my back tail lights they are recon led's and they have a marker light on them
Old 07-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

My fault for not describing which LED's are directional. It's the parking and brake/turn signal ones that are directional. The side marker lights are visable from the side of the truck.

The brake lights, turn signal lights, and parking lights are certainlt bright; you just have to be standing directly behind the truck to see them.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:59 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

do they look like this installed ??
Attached Images   

Last edited by techrep; 07-29-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:53 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Originally Posted by techrep
do they look like this installed ??
YEP, YEP, YEP! Except I have "Dark Stone" body color.

Thanks for posting the pic.

Quick Reply: Altezza light smoked tail lights w/LED