Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Alarm Sensitivity

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Sensitivity

I did search for the problem I'm having and found a couple of people with the same thing but there wasn't really a resolution. And the ones I found were a few years old. If I missed something please let me know.

My dealer installed Code Systems Remote Start System with Deluxe Vehicle Security and Keyless Entry, P/N 2W7J-19G367-AA, H63DB (all this off the control module under dash) is way too sensitive. My wife parked next to me in the drive way and set off the warning honk by shutting her car door. Is there ANY way I can adjust the sensitivity on this system. I went to Code Systems website to find the manual without any success. I can't even find a phone number to call them.

Any info would be appreciated (mostly by my neighbors)!
Old 12-07-2010, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I found my answer. Thought I would provide it here for anyone else that might be having the same problem.

Go to www.fordaccessoriesstore.com
Select - Tech Specs tab
Select - Installation Instructions (Genuine Ford Accessories) on 1st dropdown menu
Select - Electronics on 2nd menu (a third menu will now generate)
Select - Remote Start/Vehicle Security System - Base
A few PDF files will now appear at the bottom of the page.

These instructions are for what they call the Gold Gen-1 Remote Start System with Deluxe Vehicle Security and Keyless Entry made by Code Systems (Code Alarms). The part number that I listed in my previous post was for the control module itself.

If you select Remote Start/Vehicle Secruity System - Truck you get the instructions for the Gen-2 system.

Finally found out all this info after getting lucky and finding Audiovox phone number and waiting on hold for some time. Their number is 1-800-421-3209. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Alarm Sensitivity