Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Airbag Light Mind Puzzle

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag Light Mind Puzzle

Alright, I have a 2004 XLT and have been working with this airbag light on the dash for several days now. I recently purchased the truck and it had the wonderful 5x5 beeping problem. The previous owner told me that a dealership had claimed that it was a problem with the PATS system and would cost $600 to fix.

I came on here and found out that the beeping can be caused by the airbag light being burned out. I go out to the truck, turn it to the 'on' position, and sure enough the light does not illuminate. I pulled apart the dash and pulled out the bulb from the cluster. I then went on a hunt to find a #37 bulb that would work. Today I finally found an Autozone who had a package of the bulbs, and I installed it.

Now, my left blinker light works again (I hadn't even realized that it wasn't working before this whole process started). The airbag light turned on two out of probably fifty times that I turned the truck to the 'on' position. However, it does not want to turn on anymore. I switched the light with the one that controls the highbeam indicator, and it still didn't turn on, but the left blinker continues to work. (Note: my #37 bulb also worked for the highbeam light, so it doesn't appear to have been a misfit).

Finally, this morning as I was driving around to go purchase the bulbs, I did not have the airbag lightbulb harness in the cluster and there was no 5x5 beeping. I had the truck on post-replacement of the bulbs, and again no beeping. Why does my indicator light not work?!?! Is the beeping going to be fixed? If it isn't fixed, will pulling the harness back out and sacrificing my left blinker stop it? AM I EVEN REPLACING THE CORRECT BULB?!?! OR IS IT JUST SUCH A FLUKE THAT THE LIGHT TURNED ON TWICE?!?!

Thanks everybody.

Quick Reply: Airbag Light Mind Puzzle