Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Air thru vents when AC is off?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 11:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Air thru vents when AC is off?

is this the blend door i hear so much about? when the vehicle is in motion and the climate control is off, there is airflow through the vents. changing the temp control also affects the airflow. is it the blend door?
Old 10-22-2015, 11:30 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Slick
is this the blend door i hear so much about? when the vehicle is in motion and the climate control is off, there is airflow through the vents. changing the temp control also affects the airflow. is it the blend door?
Well the blower motor is what moves the air. Your blower motor shouldn't spin if your climate control is set to off. Just because it isn't on the AC setting doesn't mean your blower motor won't turn. Unless the actual dial is set to "off" your blower motor will spin.

Give us some more info. Do you have the lariat style climate control that goes based on a number, or do you have the dials like in the XLT and XL?
Old 10-22-2015, 12:37 PM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Changing the Temp control affects the airflow How ?? makes the air warmer or colder ? or increases the amount of air coming out the vents ?
Old 10-22-2015, 01:20 PM

Received 51 Likes on 51 Posts

I have noticed on rare occasion that when I hit a bump just right my ac will turn itself on. The other day I was fiddling with cleaning the ***** on my ac control panel and the ac just started blowing. It is very rare but because of the pressure I was placing on the ***** and dash control unit I was able to turn the fan on and off without twisting the ***** to the on position. That to me seemed like an electrical/wiring issue either just behind or inside the unit itself.
I have a 2004 5.4 RWD XLT...with the **** handle ac controls.

Good luck finding your issue and I hope this helped at all.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:59 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm going to assume this is a wiring issue. In a properly functioning system, the only thing that should affect how hard the air blows is the fan adjustment ****. This means you have an electrical issue somewhere or you actual unit that controls this stuff is messed up. The blend door just affects temps.

Are you saying with the blower motor off you're still getting air?
Old 10-22-2015, 03:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yep. sorry guys, so the other day it was chilly so i had the heat on and then i turned off the system. (it's a 2005 so it has the **** style system) i went to change the radio and felt warm air coming out of the vent even though it was off. when i stopped at a light, the airflow was almost non-existent and when i started again, it blew more. when i turned the temp **** from hot to cold, the airflow got colder as well. i thought maybe an external vent was open and allowing air to draw in the system and the blend door or something might be at fault.

Quick Reply: Air thru vents when AC is off?