Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Advice on Programmers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 12:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on Programmers?

I'm looking for some advice on programmers for my 2005 King Ranch. I just installed this S & B intake, and so far I'm happy with it. (http://www.sbfilters.com/s.nl/it.A/id.981/.f)

With an intake such as this one, what are your opinions on a programmer for my pickup? I know a lot of you like the Gryphon, but I'm thinkin custom tunes might be overkill. I'm mostly looking for fuel economy, but a good increase in performance never hurt anyone. Thanks in advance for your advice.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:55 AM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

You need custom tunes for it...Bottom line. 04-05 will run extremely rich and throw codes. Get a gryphon ( www.powerhungryperformance.com) which is an edge with custom tunes...or get custom tunes from troyer or sct...
Old 07-12-2010, 08:37 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The Gryphon is hyped up. Don't get me wrong, everyone at PHP are great and know their stuff, but who wants to wait to get a tune when you could easily learn how to tune yourself?

I had an Evo, and after my CAI, Gibson Headers, and SI/DO Exhaust, it was time to get a tune, which the Evo cant handle. So rather than dealing with waiting on someone to have time to do my tunes (still dont know how well it can be dialed in when the truck isnt even there), I decided to go w/ a SCT and LOVE IT.

You can set "Economy" on 87 or 89, as well as "Towing" on either of those. Its real easy to tune, alot more options than the Evo had. This is just my opinion. Good luck on the decision!

Last edited by VanoFord; 07-12-2010 at 09:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Advice on Programmers?