Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

ABS Problem PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 12:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ABS Problem PLEASE HELP

I have an ABS light on. I have crawled under the truck I don't know how many times now. Everything is connected just as it should be. The wires did have to taped up because they burnt in two after getting against the exhaust at some point, but I had fixed that awhile ago, I've even tore back into the tape and re-did everything again, nothing gets rid of the ABS light. When this first happened it would go away after I turned the truck off, but would come back after using the brakes a few times, especially harder stops. Then it got to where it just came on and stayed on, and didn't go out no matter what. Thinking my ABS speed sensor went, I bought a brand new motorcraft one from rock auto it fits perfectly and the numbers match that of the old one, plug looks good. I can't find NOTHING that would keep this light on. The code is always the same "Rear ABS Center Speed Sensor Input Malfunction" is there anyone who knows how to get rid of this? What else could it be?

This is on an 04 Ford F150 FX4 5.4L 3v with 141k on it. Just had the phasers, vct sensors, tensioners, and lash adjusters replaced on it... The light came on a few days after I got it back. Everything under the hood looks like its connected.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just because everything looks ok, doesn't mean that it actually is. Take the truck to a Ford dealer and have them scan the ABS module for codes.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Ian_T_S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine came on after I jumped the battery, took into the dealership and it was the ABS Module that went bad. But don't let them talk you into buying it from them cuz they will sell you the module and the controller together because that's how it comes. Head to a junk yard, spend less than $100 bucks and you can do it yourself in the driveway. Once it is installed, you will need to take into the dealership to have the ABS module programmed.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is the module located? I am thinking maybe its not the module but perhaps something unplugged... As the rest of my ABS system is working fine, absolutely no codes for the front two wheels. Just one related to the back...

Quick Reply: ABS Problem PLEASE HELP