Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

911 help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911 help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so I've lifted Jeeps with solid axles and coil springs, but I must be missing something or I can't READ instructions!!!! I'm trying to install a 2inch leveling kit on my 08 FX4 and I followed the instructions to a tee, but I can't get the suspension to settle!!! Do you have to reverse the LF Strut to the RF and the RF to the LF?? The instructions said nothing about this, but it sure seems to be STIFF/STUCK in full flex position.

I removed the upper ball joint, the tie rod end, and got the strut out. Then I installed the spacer, and got it installed, connected the lower strut bolt, then ratchet strapped the upper arm into place and I got the nut started, but IT WILL NOT SETTLE the suspension!!!! 2inch is more like a 8inch and my upper arm is actually resting on the coil/strut assembly!!

Please help me!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 12:11 PM
minitrucker

Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts

I just did mine and I'm not sure what your problem is. The uca does rest on the coil until you put the wheel on and set the truck on the ground. By removing the upper ball joint I'm assuming you mean the uca? There really should be no setteling of the suspension since it isn't a brand new truck. The spacer just pushes the strut down. Once its alighned it will straiten out a bit.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah once I lowered it to the ground all was good. The front is sitting 1/4 of an inch taller than the rear now. Barely noticeable but I might look into a 1/2 block for the rear. I'm going to try and get it aligned tomorrow morning.

Just not used to the stiff spring rate on a Ford I guess lol. My 05 Jeep's coil springs were easy to compress vs these lol.

Thanks for the quick reply I appreciate it

Quick Reply: 911 help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!