Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2008 F150 SCREW, cranks, no start.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 F150 SCREW, cranks, no start.

First, I am a new member, this is my first post. Been reading for a few months, since I bought this truck. Found out here about the Livernois phaser locks, installed them about 8,000 miles ago, runs great. Went out Saturday, truck cranks but won't start. Pulled the air filter, sprayed some ether in, started right up, died when the ether ran out. Googled the problem, the FPCM came up. Looked at it, it was cracked really bad. Replace it, still won't start. The R303 relay doesn't pull in, checked the 09 fuse, it's good. In the process of checking the relay, we broke the housing off of it, so another fuse block is on the way. Any tips, directions to go next? Thanks for any help you might have.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:31 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

When I had a FPCM go bad it blew the relay. So I think you are on the right track with the relay. I was worried something that would blow a relay might heat up wires before the relay went out, so I checked them all in that circuit to see if any that might be soldered hadn't melted out. On that vehicle they didn't, but the wiring is something to check.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 65comet
When I had a FPCM go bad it blew the relay. So I think you are on the right track with the relay. I was worried something that would blow a relay might heat up wires before the relay went out, so I checked them all in that circuit to see if any that might be soldered hadn't melted out. On that vehicle they didn't, but the wiring is something to check.
Thanks for the reply, I'm hoping the fuse block solves the problem. I found the relay is supposed to have constant voltage on the contacts, the PCM tells it when to energize. I just hope the PCM is not the problem.