Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2008 5.4 miss only on incline

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 5.4 miss only on incline

I have a 2008 Ford F150 with 108,000 miles and I have been having problems for some time. I bought an Edge Programmer in which I have been running it for over a year. I usually run it in Level 2 Tow and did for awhile. I noticed one day that it had a slight drop it's face miss. Power Balance test said number 5 cylinder was weak. Replaced COP and replaced all spark plugs while i was at it. Newer head style so it was a breeze. Replaced fuel filter while I was at it as well, it was dirty as hell. The truck ran a hell of a lot better no random miss or anything like it was doing before but I still had a slight problem. It would miss on it's face whenever I would get on it going up a hill. No code just would do it and it would go away once I backed off and got back on it. So I decided to just run it on Level 1 and see how that would maybe change it. The miss or whatever you would like to call it went away. So I decided to switch back to level 2. Problem came back. It only does it every once in awhile but I only notice it on a slight incline. I know enough about programmers that I have only slightly tweaked things nothing major just WOT fuel, shifting firmness and what not. But i was reading and someone mention bad fuel injectors only noticed on incline...Could this be my problem? Any info would be great..Sorry for a long one here
Old 10-19-2014, 01:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Run some fuel injection cleaner through the system. Last time I encountered an issue like this it was one with a crappy spray pattern.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:23 PM

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

When you did the change the COP boots and springs when you did the plugs?
Rock Auto has a set of 8 for under $30 shipped

Quick Reply: 2008 5.4 miss only on incline