Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2007 Front Brake issues.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 10:46 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default 2007 Front Brake issues.

I have a 2007 F150 and I purchased it from the dealer with new front brake pads and rotors. The brakes would make a squealing noise when I turned, drove at slow speeds and when I applied the brakes the noise would typically cease. I removed my wheels and noticed one of the front right spring clips was bent. I took my truck to a friend who is a mechanic to be safe and he replaced all of the hardware along with the pads because the front right pad was wearing improperly and the pads were greased and everything was cleaned.

Well it's still making the noise when driving like the rotor and pad are making contact when they shouldn't be. I had the mechanic check out the hub assembly and the bearing was in good shape there was a very minimal amount of play. Could it be a faulty brake caliper or brake line? My 2001 F150 had an issue with the rotors warping and causing a shimmy when braking, but I heard this generation of F150s is notorious for brake line issues.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would also like to know. I just replaced my front brake and rotors cuz I heard squeaking. the mechanic told me the rear passenger side was completely locked and probably been lock for awhile now. I drove it home when done and the next day the abs light came on and the rear locked again. The mechanic doesn't know why. And my 07 f150 has 91k miles.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default your brake problem

I've had a similar issue - bought a used 2007 F-150 and it had good pads, when inspected, but, within a week it squealed on the passenger side. Mechanic said that it had a front left caliper that was holding pressure. The caliper was replaced, but, the occasional squeal never completely went away. Condition is better and I expect that the extra heat from having the passenger side work harder at stopping caused the pads to seat improperly. I would like to resolve this, and at this point the brakeing is fine, but, with the annoyance of the squealing somewhat at gradual stops.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:44 PM
'08f150stx

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't be suprised if it is the caliper. I don't know why people put new pads on rotors that have not been resurfaced or replaced.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:31 AM

Received 434 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad81
I have a 2007 F150 and I purchased it from the dealer with new front brake pads and rotors. The brakes would make a squealing noise when I turned, drove at slow speeds and when I applied the brakes the noise would typically cease. I removed my wheels and noticed one of the front right spring clips was bent. I took my truck to a friend who is a mechanic to be safe and he replaced all of the hardware along with the pads because the front right pad was wearing improperly and the pads were greased and everything was cleaned.

Well it's still making the noise when driving like the rotor and pad are making contact when they shouldn't be. I had the mechanic check out the hub assembly and the bearing was in good shape there was a very minimal amount of play. Could it be a faulty brake caliper or brake line? My 2001 F150 had an issue with the rotors warping and causing a shimmy when braking, but I heard this generation of F150s is notorious for brake line issues.
Never heard of any serious brake line issues with this gen F-series.

The calipers are a different issue, however. The OE calipers use ceramic pucks, and are prone to cracking. A bad caliper wouldn't surprise me in the least, particularly with the uneven pad wear.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I had a bad passenger line and caliper.

Quick Reply: 2007 Front Brake issues.