Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2006 Roush F150 running problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 02:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2006 Roush F150 running problem

hello everyone,
I have a strange problem that I cannot seem to figure out. I have a 2006 F150 from Roush and I have an intermittent issue. It is hard to explain but I will do my best. Sometimes when I get down on it (WOT) the whine of the supercharger will sound broken up if that makes since. It almost seems like a miss but the truck does not feel like a miss. Plus I have changed all the coil packs and plugs. I can tell the motor is not pulling as hard and sometimes if I get out of the throttle and back in it the motor will clear up and run like normal.

I did have an issue with my muffler. It had a bad rattle in it and I was thinking maybe it was causing to much back pressure if something came loose in it. That is more what it feels like. Almost like a restriction. I just left the muffler shop and they put on a di/do magnaflow and I had them cut out the Y pipe and true dual it to the muffler. They also did a back pressure test to see if the cats were clogged for some reason. Everything was fine. But I still have the issue.

What is strange is how it comes and goes. Some days it runs flawless and others it does it all the time. It does not throw any codes and there are no warning lights anywhere. Other than the intermittent issue the truck runs great. Cruising on the highway is fine, pulling my boat is fine! Only under WOT is when I have the issue. Does anyone have any thoughts that might point me in the right direction? Any help would be great.
thanks,
Sid
Old 04-12-2016, 04:43 PM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

How many miles on your truck? What other maintenance have you done? What brand of plugs and coil packs?

It could be belt slippage you are feeling. Answer the above questions and give a history on the truck and we can help. I have a intercooled Roushcharged 2007 F150 myself
Old 04-12-2016, 05:31 PM

Thanks for the replay,
It has about 110,000 on it. I have owned it since 75k. I have never changed the belt and that does make sense. It has the autocraft plugs but I do not remember the model. It was what was recommend on the board. I can try to get that info and let you know. I am running accel COPs.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:04 PM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Siddhi
Thanks for the replay,
It has about 110,000 on it. I have owned it since 75k. I have never changed the belt and that does make sense. It has the autocraft plugs but I do not remember the model. It was what was recommend on the board. I can try to get that info and let you know. I am running accel COPs.
Did you gap your plugs to .032? The coils you used may be causing a random issue too. Did you put dielectric grease on the boots during install? Fuel filter been changed? FPDM been changed out? I would also recommend you looking into an oil separator for the drivers side vaccuum lines

Last edited by FST150; 04-12-2016 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:02 AM

Wow, yes I did gap the plugs properly and I did put dielectric grease on the COPs during install. I have not changed the FPDM. What brand COPs would you recommend? I have recently purchased an intercooler and another charger and have been collecting parts to do the install. So maybe I can do all of this at the same time.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:16 AM

FST150,
How much boost are you pushing on your 2007? Just curious what I can get once I switch to the intercooler. I am currently only getting 7psi of boost non-intercooled. Do you have headers or aftermarket exhaust?

Quick Reply: 2006 Roush F150 running problem