Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2005 lariat electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 lariat electrical problem

I have a 2005 lariat work pickup and yesterday the battery was drained due to the lights not turning off (even with light switch off and key removed). Recharged the battery today and the problem persists, there is a ticking sound near the rear of the cab too during all of this. Anyone had a problem like this before? If so I would appreciate some help as South Dakota is going to be getting real cold soon and I'll need the old girl running properly.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2014, 12:50 PM
Cant this thing go faster

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jopson
there is a ticking sound near the rear of the cab too during all of this.
Sounds like a bad relay or connection in the BSM.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:26 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I drained my battery to zero. (I was adjusting my amp didn't realize the truck was off just had the keys in) When it died I heard the same tick front he back of the cab. I jumped it and the tick went away. Two weeks later, I was at wal mart and my truck wouldn't start, but I didn't have the tick. i replaced my battery and haven't heard it since. This was about 2 months ago.

As for the lights, this is a wiring issue. Did you have any work under the hood or behind the dash recently where something could have been accidentally disconnected and reinstalled improperly? I noticed you have posted about working on your interior so you may have a wiring problem somewhere.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is the work truck I use, its a white lariat and my project truck is a red one. battery has been replaced and the problem persists. so it was off to the local mechanic for some tlc.

Quick Reply: 2005 lariat electrical problem