Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2004 150 FX4 Not starting

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2023, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 150 FX4 Not starting

My husband has replaced his battery, alternator, starter, ignition coil and all spark plugs.
It seems like the truck wants to turn over, power gets to it, but it doesn't turn over. Does anyone have any idea what to try next? I would appreciate any guidance, tips and tricks, anything.
Old 10-31-2023, 07:01 PM

Received 1,217 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubbles2023
My husband has replaced his battery, alternator, starter, ignition coil and all spark plugs.
It seems like the truck wants to turn over, power gets to it, but it doesn't turn over. Does anyone have any idea what to try next? I would appreciate any guidance, tips and tricks, anything.
is it not starting (firing / popping)?

or is engine not turning over?

why did he replace all those parts?
Old 10-31-2023, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by laterongc
is it not starting (firing / popping)?

or is engine not turning over?

why did he replace all those parts?
It fires, then dies.
He replaced them cause we thought it was those issues to start with. We knew the ignition coil needed changed, so we did that. Truck was good for about 3 days then the alternator crapped out, then followed the battery, then the starter. Once all those were changed we still didn't have any luck, since he changed the spark plugs it stayed running for like two seconds longer then died.
Old 10-31-2023, 07:50 PM

Received 1,217 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubbles2023
It fires, then dies.
He replaced them cause we thought it was those issues to start with. We knew the ignition coil needed changed, so we did that. Truck was good for about 3 days then the alternator crapped out, then followed the battery, then the starter. Once all those were changed we still didn't have any luck, since he changed the spark plugs it stayed running for like two seconds longer then died.
are these any dtc codes?

Old 11-01-2023, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by laterongc
are these any dtc codes?
No codes pop up, sadly. Sorry to get back to you late, I do appreciate you answering and giving me ideas. It means a lot!
Old 11-02-2023, 02:06 PM

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts

We all dislike giving advice on parts to change at is could make your issue worse. It introduces more variables into the problem and "New does not mean Good." Really, need to figure out what's causing the issue through a diagnosis.

That said, go back to basics. Fuel, Air, Spark, and Compression. It's missing one or more of those. Also, is the security light on?

Do a quick check on the Fuel Pump Driver Module to see if its every been replaced. It's underneath in the back above the spare tire bolted to a frame rail. That's one of the most common issues for not getting fuel. It would be great if you could get an OBDII reader and something like Torque Pro or Forscan to look up fuel pressure and some other things.

Quick Reply: 2004 150 FX4 Not starting