Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

07 Harley Ground Effects

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 07 Harley Ground Effects

Does anyone want to trade their 07 F-150 Harley ground effects for the side steps off my 08 F-150 Limited? My truck has about 10k miles on it and I just removed the steps. I like the look of the truck without them but it needs something to help cover the frame.
I believe these are the same steps that come on the 08 Harley. I think they are polished aluminum and not the typical chrome steps that come on the regular F-150.
If not does anyone have any suggestions? I tried the dealer but they must not want to sell the ground effect from the Harley because they are $750 each!.
I like the ones on the Chip Foose edition since they are simple but I haven't found them yet either.
A trade (for someone close to me in Houston) seems the best option and it will make the 07 HD look like the 08.

Thanks.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by houstonshark
Does anyone want to trade their 07 F-150 Harley ground effects for the side steps off my 08 F-150 Limited? My truck has about 10k miles on it and I just removed the steps. I like the look of the truck without them but it needs something to help cover the frame.
I believe these are the same steps that come on the 08 Harley. I think they are polished aluminum and not the typical chrome steps that come on the regular F-150.
If not does anyone have any suggestions? I tried the dealer but they must not want to sell the ground effect from the Harley because they are $750 each!.
I like the ones on the Chip Foose edition since they are simple but I haven't found them yet either.
A trade (for someone close to me in Houston) seems the best option and it will make the 07 HD look like the 08.

Thanks.

I'd love to have the side steps that come off the Limited for my '07 Harley, but I don't want to give up my ground effects. If, more like when, I get some nerf bars I want to keep my ground effects for whenever I sell it. Besides, if you locate a set you would need to paint, as they are either amethyst like mine, or black. Out of curiosity, if you sold your set, how much would you be looking to get? I think the factory nerf bars look the best on the F-150s and hold up better than aftermarket.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:39 PM

Well I guess I would sell them if I were able to purchase the HD ground effects with that money but I can't seem to locate any for a good price. I guess if I were to sell them $200 seems reasonable but I really don't know what the market is for them.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 01-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Elite Member

I have a LIMITED as well, weren't your running boards just plain chrome running boards that come on any other regular F150? And I agree with what your doing cause i looked into buying the "steps" i think you refer to are actually just a ground effects type deal. But they are way to much and then having to get them painted is just too much. When i removed my running boards it looks like the front of the truck is way lower than the rest because of the different valance on the front bumper. But as soon as i leveled the rear, i doesn't look as bad as when it sat in the factory stance. Check out my pics and maybe youll have a better understanding.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:52 PM

I've already removed my steps and did a lowering shackle. IMO it Definately looks better. I'm 6'3" so I don't need the steps to get in. I just don't like seeing so much of the frame that is now visible with the steps off so I'm trying I find a solution.
And the steps on the Limited are different than the standard F150 steps. They are polished aluminum and not chrome.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:53 PM

Well I guess I would sell them if I were able to purchase the HD ground effects with that money but I can't seem to locate any for a good price. I guess if I were to sell them $200 seems reasonable but I really don't know what the market is for them.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Got any pics? I would like to pick up a set. I am sure shipping would be rather pricy for something like this. I would say your best bet might be a junkyard -- there have to be some wrecked Harley's out there. Let me know. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:01 PM

Houstonshark -- forgot to mention, your best bet might be NHTOC.com -- that is the National Harley Truck Owner's Club. I was just cruising the classifieds there and came across this. It's an older post, but worth a shot. That or post up a message in the wanted section.

http://www.nhtoc.com/classifieds/sho...duct/853/cat/9
Old 01-19-2009, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by HD551
Houstonshark -- forgot to mention, your best bet might be NHTOC.com -- that is the National Harley Truck Owner's Club. I was just cruising the classifieds there and came across this. It's an older post, but worth a shot. That or post up a message in the wanted section.

http://www.nhtoc.com/classifieds/sho...duct/853/cat/9
THANK YOU!!! This guy still had them and I was able to buy them for $300! They are being shipped in from Dallas and should be here on Wednesday. I am planning on putting them on as is just to get a feel of how they will look even though they are gloss black and chrome. I'll post some pictures as soon as I do.

I'm sure I will paint them white sand metallic to match my truck but I may sand them down and paint them flat black at first to see how that looks. Since it is almost underneath the truck it may not look too bad.

I will have the original steps for sale but prob only locally. It would just cost too much and be too much of a pain in the a** to ship them.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:17 PM

THANK YOU!!! This guy still had them and I was able to buy them for $300! They are being shipped in from Dallas and should be here on Wednesday. I am planning on putting them on as is just to get a feel of how they will look even though they are gloss black and chrome. I'll post some pictures as soon as I do.

I'm sure I will paint them white sand metallic to match my truck but I may sand them down and paint them flat black at first to see how that looks. Since it is almost underneath the truck it may not look too bad.

I will have the original steps for sale but prob only locally. It would just cost too much and be too much of a pain in the a** to ship them.
Houston, that is awesome man - congrats on the steal there - glad I could help. I think you will want to color match them, it would be an isor if they weren't color matched. They sit an inch beneath the doors and are pretty prevelant in the styling. Leave that chrome and color match the body and that will be slick. Definetely get some pics up when you get a chance. Maybe I will have to make a trip down to the south to buy those nerf bars off you -- be nice to get out of the damn cold midwest at least. haha.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:26 PM

I got the HD ground effects in today. They were a little more beat up than I thought they would be but I planned on painting them to match my truck anyway.

Here is the before (removed the original steps and 2" shackle). Notice how visible the frame is which drives me crazy:

Here is with the HD ground effects in original gloss black and chrome:

Sorry for the crappy pics from my iPhone.

OK, let me have it. What do you think? I'm going to leave them as is for a week or so before deciding whether or not to paint them.

Quick Reply: 07 Harley Ground Effects