Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

06 runs rough

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 06 runs rough

I have an 06 4.2 liter that idles fine, drives good at up to 35-40 mph but when you try to step into it runs terrible (cutting out, no power, will idle rough) I've been told it's the injectors... Anyone had the same problems?
Old 05-28-2010, 08:45 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

just took my 05 5.4 in for what i thought was injector problems, been at the dealership for 2 days and they still cant figure it out. had to call in a inspector from ford to come down and take a look at it. mine had a real rough idle then stard smoking really bad and smelled of gas really bad out the exhaust, then it started a real loud ticking noise. they said an injector was stuck and might have cause some more problems.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You are hopefully in better shape than I am...

My truck is an '06 with a 5.4L and a ROUSH superchareger 50K miles Was running rough when floored so brought it in to dealership. They thought it was the plugs, changed those ($1000???), ran the same, giving codes for Cat Converter problem and some cylinders misfiring. Eventually they pulled valve cover and did not see anything wrong, bore scoped, still nothing. Compression tests yielded only 85 psi (should be 220sih) on #8. They tell me that because they could not find anything wrong it would cost more to look deeper and fix one cylinder than it would for a new engine. Engine new re-man is $4400 and $2200 for labor. How bout that for a good start to a weekend? Going to post the details here and see if I can get some advice. Good luck to you two.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:56 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mutton
My truck is an '06 with a 5.4L and a ROUSH superchareger 50K miles Was running rough when floored so brought it in to dealership. They thought it was the plugs, changed those ($1000???), ran the same, giving codes for Cat Converter problem and some cylinders misfiring. Eventually they pulled valve cover and did not see anything wrong, bore scoped, still nothing. Compression tests yielded only 85 psi (should be 220sih) on #8. They tell me that because they could not find anything wrong it would cost more to look deeper and fix one cylinder than it would for a new engine. Engine new re-man is $4400 and $2200 for labor. How bout that for a good start to a weekend? Going to post the details here and see if I can get some advice. Good luck to you two.
Yea my truck is in the shop over the weekend too. Now how am I supposed to get to the crawfish festival.?

Quick Reply: 06 runs rough