Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

06 F-150 5.4 V8 studdering at idle and shaking, stalling in reverse, also jerking.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 F-150 5.4 V8 studdering at idle and shaking, stalling in reverse, also jerking.

Hello everyone, i am having a very annoying problem with my f150!, sometimes it drives just fine, but recently when i am driving it jerks or kicks like it's struggling for fuel, it also does this while in idle. It also stalls when i am reversing sometimes. i have replaced all plugs and coils, fuel filter, i am now onto the fuel pump driver module as i took a quick look under my truck today and from what i could see it looked pretty bad.. i have also been told it could be my throttle position sensor as well? any ideas would be great also there is no CEL on and no codes.

Thanks in Advance!
Old 10-29-2015, 11:05 PM

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

I can't say much... However I had my truck shaking on me a couple months ago.. Replaced the plugs. Seemed to have fixed the issue.. Then last weekend it started shaking again. However I think this time it was bad gas... I went and topped off my truck with 93 oct. And it doesn't shake at all. However I'm doubting this is your issue as you've stated you have already tried doing the plugs and Fuel filter.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:53 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Originally Posted by lucapitoscia
Hello everyone, i am having a very annoying problem with my f150!, sometimes it drives just fine, but recently when i am driving it jerks or kicks like it's struggling for fuel, it also does this while in idle. It also stalls when i am reversing sometimes. i have replaced all plugs and coils, fuel filter, i am now onto the fuel pump driver module as i took a quick look under my truck today and from what i could see it looked pretty bad.. i have also been told it could be my throttle position sensor as well? any ideas would be great also there is no CEL on and no codes.

Thanks in Advance!
I guess the first post did not answer your questions ??
Old 10-30-2015, 09:14 AM

I'm not sure yet! But I am attempting to get as many opinions as I can!
Old 10-30-2015, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by thebreba
I can't say much... However I had my truck shaking on me a couple months ago.. Replaced the plugs. Seemed to have fixed the issue.. Then last weekend it started shaking again. However I think this time it was bad gas... I went and topped off my truck with 93 oct. And it doesn't shake at all. However I'm doubting this is your issue as you've stated you have already tried doing the plugs and Fuel filter.
Unfortuely yes I've already done those!! Thank you for taking the time to comment!
Old 10-30-2015, 10:33 AM
Mark

Originally Posted by lucapitoscia
I'm not sure yet! But I am attempting to get as many opinions as I can!
well, creating multiple threads about the same problem will only confuse people and possibly you...all you have to do is bump your old thread back to the top... the first page... Have you replaced the FPDM yet like we mentioned ?? Boots and springs ??

Last edited by techrep; 10-30-2015 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by techrep
well, creating multiple threads about the same problem will only confuse people and possibly you...all you have to do is bump your old thread back to the top... the first page... Have you replaced the FPDM yet like we mentioned ?? Boots and springs ??
I wasn't sure if I posted it in the right area either as I didn't notice that there was a 04-08 f150 spot, I will delete the other thread and FPDM was replaced with no luck, boots and springs I'm looking into, I just wanted other people's opinions on what else it could be that's all.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:23 PM
Mark

It could be a lot of things... I gave you a couple simple things to replace sense it sounds like you don't mind throwing parts at it.. you could troubleshoot...if you think it's a fuel problem ...go get a fuel pressure gauge at your local auto parts...and read your fuel pressure at the fuel rail...could have clogged injectors...clogged Cat's...but normally they will produce a DTC..
Old 10-30-2015, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by techrep
It could be a lot of things... I gave you a couple simple things to replace sense it sounds like you don't mind throwing parts at it.. you could troubleshoot...if you think it's a fuel problem ...go get a fuel pressure gauge at your local auto parts...and read your fuel pressure at the fuel rail...could have clogged injectors...clogged Cat's...but normally they will produce a DTC..
Okay thank you! I am also going to clean out the throttle body and the clean the maf sensor when I'm under the hood aswell as I was told that could be an issue too!
Old 10-30-2015, 12:29 PM
Mark

yep...remove the throttle body from the intake to clean it and be sure to use TB cleaner and the proper MAF cleaner...disconnect the battery before starting the work... but, the TB would have to be really bad for it to stall your truck in reverse...just sayin

Quick Reply: 06 F-150 5.4 V8 studdering at idle and shaking, stalling in reverse, also jerking.