Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

05 FX4 SCREW Steering wheel controls

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2020, 07:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 05 FX4 SCREW Steering wheel controls

I'm about to upgrade the sound system on my SCREW and I wonder if it's feasible to put in a factory audio control steering wheel. My truck came with the non audiophile 6 disc, MP3 with rear set DVD system. I'm keeping the head unit and putting in a bluetooth controller, 4 channel amplifier, 2 rear speakers and 2 front component speakers. I'll leave the option open for a sub later since I found some front speakers that go all the way down to 36 hz and yet are 93dB sensitive.
Also do any of you have advice to the bluetooth interface? I see there are some that access the amplifier directly. But I remember seeing some that go through the Aux input on the OE head unit.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:52 AM

Received 1,208 Likes on 969 Posts

You probably should have posted this in the stereo/audio section
Old 04-13-2020, 06:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OK, thought since it's an older truck..
Old 04-14-2020, 11:55 AM

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by NHGuy
I'm about to upgrade the sound system on my SCREW and I wonder if it's feasible to put in a factory audio control steering wheel. My truck came with the non audiophile 6 disc, MP3 with rear set DVD system. I'm keeping the head unit and putting in a bluetooth controller, 4 channel amplifier, 2 rear speakers and 2 front component speakers. I'll leave the option open for a sub later since I found some front speakers that go all the way down to 36 hz and yet are 93dB sensitive.
Also do any of you have advice to the bluetooth interface? I see there are some that access the amplifier directly. But I remember seeing some that go through the Aux input on the OE head unit.
your gonna be WAY better off replacing the head unit with one that already has bluetooth built in. Also, the factory HU does not have rca outputs so, you will have to wire your amp with speaker level inputs instead of rca inputs which is gonna degrade your sound quality substantially. As far as the steering wheel goes, I do not think the trouble will be worth it personally. You can get a decent HU with a remote control for 100 bucks. If you already have steering wheel controls, an aftermarket HU can be made to work with them as well, you just need the correct adapter. Crutchfield has all the gear you would need and can get all the components to optimize your setup.

Hope that helps!

Quick Reply: 05 FX4 SCREW Steering wheel controls