Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Is 04 F150 SuperCrew XLT prewired for fogs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is 04 F150 SuperCrew XLT prewired for fogs?

Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself and my new truck. It's a 2004 SuperCrew XLT in Arizona Beige.
I was wondering if I get this bumper(and have it painted):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05-FORD-F150-FRONT-BUMPER-UPPER-LOWER-BLK-FOG-LAMP-7_W0QQitemZ170380076706QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_C ar_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item27ab71a6a2

Would the wiring of the fog lights be a nightmare since mine comes with the dull no hole solid lower chrome?

Thanks,
DSC
Attached Thumbnails Is 04 F150 SuperCrew XLT prewired for fogs?-front-resize.jpg  
Old 12-18-2009, 03:01 AM
Forever making payments..

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I like the no hole bumper... Rather than drop that kind of money on a whole new bumper, when you could just mount some aftermarket lights, ( which are easy to wire, lots of guides on how to do so )... You can place the aftermarket lights somewhere more aggressive looking than the stock looking fog lights, such as in the lower grille, superduty style, just my opinion and suggestion to save quite a few pennies.

PS I dont believe you are prewired. Nice truck, and welcome.

Last edited by Forever F-150; 12-18-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DallasSuperCrew
Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself and my new truck. It's a 2004 SuperCrew XLT in Arizona Beige.
I was wondering if I get this bumper(and have it painted):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05-FORD-F150-FRONT-BUMPER-UPPER-LOWER-BLK-FOG-LAMP-7_W0QQitemZ170380076706QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_C ar_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item27ab71a6a2

Would the wiring of the fog lights be a nightmare since mine comes with the dull no hole solid lower chrome?

Thanks,
DSC
It can be done, as I have done the mod with my truck and set it up like the factory way, but does require a checking to see if some of the components are pre-installed, such as the relays and fuses. My truck had been prewired from the headlight switch to the fuse/relay panel in the kick panel on the passenger side. check the fuse/relay panel and see if the factory fuses and relays are installed, your truck may or may not have the wire harness for the fog lights up to the front bumper, mine did not, I had to tap into the fuse panel at the pin connection for the fog lights and make my own harness to the foglights, buy the pigtail connections for at the foglights and then run my ground wires to the chasis at the grounding points. I also had to purchase the headlight switch with fog light control.
Or the easy way is to buy a toggle switch, a relay, a fuse holder, run your own wires to the fog lamps and buy the pigtail connections for the foglights.
I wanted the factory fog lights so I thought it was worth the extra time and money, your call, Hope this was helpful
Old 12-18-2009, 11:52 PM

Thanks guys! I'll check the designated locations for the prewires. I think this might become quite an undertaking which I may not want to spend that much on. Hope this turns out to be a good truck for my family and I. We had bad luck with the Titan and it took three years to go back to a truck I could trust.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:49 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 475 Likes on 375 Posts

Good luck with the "pre-wired"...Let us know what you find.

Many have asked about adding power windows and doorlocks to XL's and STX models that did not come with these features from the factory. It was found that the STD models do not have any pre-wiring, but the crew cabs did.

I'll cross fingers for you that your XLT has the fog light wiring, but I think my crossed fingers are going to get sore.

I'd go with the recomendation that a previous poster said; add a nice aftermarket set to your truck and save the cost of having to buy a bumper with the cutouts.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:47 PM

Well you can uncross your fingers now! No prewire here. I'd rather spend the money on a Nav/DVD and leather than the fogs anyway.

Quick Reply: Is 04 F150 SuperCrew XLT prewired for fogs?